Would the CBT nuggets series be enough to pass 70-697

Jon1992Jon1992 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
First off i did do other studying, i actually passed the 70-698 last May, mainly just by watching the Plural Sight videos on the exam and i little bit of reading from the book, that said i also took a 10 month condensed college course in Network engineering which also dealt with Windows Server which on the 698 exam did ask some server and domain questions which the plural sight vids didn't mention so that came in handy. So i do have knowledge in Windows 10, Has anyone watched the new CBT Nug series on 697 its 6 hours or so has anyone used it to pass the exam? I have really bad ADD when it comes to reading specially when it deals with topics i dont really care about, azure and intune don't really turn my crack lol,i rather watch videos. Also i got the voucher for 697 for free from the college i was more interested in 698 but i want 697 to finish the msca. Any advice would be nice. I hate M$ exams they are hell compared to Comptia exams.

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed my 70-697 last year with the new CBTnuggets videos. Combined with abit of technet it enough for me to pass.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Jon1992Jon1992 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my 70-697 last year with the new CBTnuggets videos. Combined with abit of technet it enough for me to pass.

That's good to hear and congratz icon_cheers.gif
  • clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    didn't both pluralsight and itprotv update their materials this year?

maybe their materials needed improving. maybe ms updated the exam. just saying.
  • NoctilumNoctilum Member Posts: 16 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am in the same situation. I compiled a list of all the experiences users here and around the web said what to expect on the test. I started CBT Nuggets today and when I finish, if I feel everything has been covered that I came across, then I might give it a try.
    I signed up to test on Friday. It will be interesting to see if I can pull this off with just CBTNuggets. $68 after discounts so I don't feel as bad for failing haha.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Noctilum wrote: »
    I signed up to test on Friday. It will be interesting to see if I can pull this off with just CBTNuggets. $68 after discounts so I don't feel as bad for failing haha.

Did you pick up the voucher for $68.00?

Also, you need to think positive!! How are you going to celebrate when you pass this exam?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Did you pick up the voucher for $68.00?

Also, you need to think positive!! How are you going to celebrate when you pass this exam?

I didn't buy a voucher. I just paid for the test. It was $91 after student discount and then $68 after the 25% discount for passing 70-698.

But I do fully expect to fail, and that's okay. I really just wanted to test the theory of CBT Nuggets being enough or not. I have no experience with Intune, 365, Azure, Hyper-V beyond CBTNuggets. The rest I could probably deal with because it came up when studying for 70-698.
    As I expected, I failed 70-697.

My weakest areas were Intune, Hyper-V and Azure.

Regarding CBT Nuggets, they were not adequate for me to just watch the videos and perform the labs. I went through them twice. I believe there were only two questions that I recognized as being specifically covered by the videos. The rest are extremely specific tasks and commands that you would probably only find through other means of study. Of course, I don't want to sound negative for CBT Nuggets at all. They were wonderful videos that introduced me to the technology. However, almost nothing covered in them that was asked as a question on my test. Maybe you will have better luck of the draw when it comes to which questions you get.

There is some carry over from 70-698. I excelled at the actual "Windows 10" part of this Windows 10 exam. Networking configuration, sharing, user management and updates were all easy and I am sure if you studied for 70-698 you will do just fine with those components.

My suggestion is the same as everyone else's, don't try and shortcut this. There is no "easy way" to pass. Setup labs, sign-up for trials, get some books and just do it. Anything that was not Windows 10 related I basically had to guess at.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Noctilum wrote: »
    As I expected, I failed 70-697.

My weakest areas were Intune, Hyper-V and Azure.

Regarding CBT Nuggets, they were not adequate for me to just watch the videos and perform the labs. I went through them twice. I believe there were only two questions that I recognized as being specifically covered by the videos. The rest are extremely specific tasks and commands that you would probably only find through other means of study. Of course, I don't want to sound negative for CBT Nuggets at all. They were wonderful videos that introduced me to the technology. However, almost nothing covered in them that was asked as a question on my test. Maybe you will have better luck of the draw when it comes to which questions you get.

There is some carry over from 70-698. I excelled at the actual "Windows 10" part of this Windows 10 exam. Networking configuration, sharing, user management and updates were all easy and I am sure if you studied for 70-698 you will do just fine with those components.

My suggestion is the same as everyone else's, don't try and shortcut this. There is no "easy way" to pass. Setup labs, sign-up for trials, get some books and just do it. Anything that was not Windows 10 related I basically had to guess at.

Don't let it get you down, I failed first time too but you need to use technet combined with CBTnuggets so you have everything covered. That was the mistake I made when I first did the exam.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing all. I'm starting to study for 70-698, and eventually 70-697, and keeping your observations/suggestions in mind.