Online degree university - Certification based curriculum

Dev13Dev13 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Trying to find a university which offers online Bachalors of computer science or Information technology and also includes Micrsoft, Sun, Novell etc certification as part of their curriculum . I can start the list with one college i know.

(1). www.WGU.edu - cost is around $2700 per semester.

Comments

• MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    Charles Sturt uni of Australia offers a master degree in infosec where 50% of the curriculum is based on MCSE: Security, hence you can skip that part if you already have the M$ stuff. It's one of the fastest routes to a degree that I know of.
  • 535irob535irob Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dev13 wrote:
    Trying to find a university which offers online Bachalors of computer science or Information technology and also includes Micrsoft, Sun, Novell etc certification as part of their curriculum . I can start the list with one college i know.

(1). www.WGU.edu - cost is around $2700 per semester.

I am currently attending WGU. I am going for a BS-IT Network Management. I would reccomend WGU as I have been verry happy with they communication and the way things are run at the university.
  • drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    Capella University offers a Master's of Science in Information Security which aligns with the CISSP. (Which is a great idea, to create a curriculum based on the "gold standard" Information Security certification). Anyway, those with a CISSP can "test out" of certain classes, thereby reducing the number of classes required to obtain the Master's.

Capella University has a relationship with ISC2 to help develop their on-going Information Technology curriculum. They also offer Bachelor's degrees, but I am not sure if they have a specialization in Information Security.

Capella University can be found here: http://www.capella.edu
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...