when to take the GCFA exam

programlinprogramlin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed GCIH June 2018, certification expired on 2012. June. as I know, in order to renew certification, I need to obtain 36 CPE, so if I take GCFA exam without attending the training in Sept. 2018, can I use GCFA to claim 36 CPE to renew GCIH?

if can't when should i attend GCFA exam to claim for 36 CPE if I don't want to attend expensive training course, thanks

Comments

• johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    programlin wrote: »
    I passed GCIH June 2018, certification expired on 2012 icon_rolleyes.gif. June. as I know, in order to renew certification, I need to obtain 36 CPE, so if I take GCFA exam without attending the training in Sept. 2018, can I use GCFA to claim 36 CPE to renew GCIH :rollicon_confused.gif

https://www.giac.org/certifications/renewal
  • programlinprogramlin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read the link before i post the thread, it is not helpful.

it didn't say when the 36 CPE can be used.

thus i don't know when to take the Forensic exam if i use other exam to claim, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021?

which year and which month?

also if I finish forensic exam, then i have two sans certification, do they require 2*36 CPE? then i have to take more and more SAN exam if i don't want to spend 8000 USD one SANS course, pls advice the cheapest way to retain one SAN certification.

this is not shown in the SANS website and obviously SAN will not teach us what 's the cheapest way