Ansible certification

anfieldanfield Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Im going to take the ansible certification in the next couple of weeks. I have used the online docs as well as linuxacademy, and I've been practicising ansible on my vms. Can anyone share any tips for the exam?. How hard is it? Objective question I know. I know ansible-doc is available from the command line - but are the online docs available?

Comments

• asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    anfield wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im going to take the ansible certification in the next couple of weeks. I have used the online docs as well as linuxacademy, and I've been practicising ansible on my vms. Can anyone share any tips for the exam?. How hard is it? Objective question I know. I know ansible-doc is available from the command line - but are the online docs available?

Just read this, so sorry but probably too late ... but how did it go?
  • anfieldanfield Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not good. Got very little response on these boards also. Been hoping to use the puppet cert & ansible cert & learn some scripting to try and get a change in career direction.
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    These boards are very quiet - I stopped checking them a while back - PM if you need help - not violating any NDA but happy to help with general information and pointers where I can
  • sosyssosys Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im going to take it in 2 months time.
    any tips for exam ?

im just wondering, beside basic stuff of ansible, how far do i need to remember the syntax in the conditionals (when, loop, etc).

Does ansible website docs available ? normally this website give full information compared to ansible-doc command.
  • Hawk321Hawk321 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tip ?
    Don't take the exam !
    Get it when you worked with Ansible on a daily routine. Those LinuxAcademy snippets are nothing compared to a 1000line play !
    An employer will laugh at your without experience but with a cert.

Just my 2 cents
    Degree in
    computer science, focus on IT-Security.
    CCNA R+S and CCNA CyberOPS
    LPIC-1,LPIC-2,LPIC-3: Security
    Ubiquiti: UBRSS+UBRSA
    some other certs...

• BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Hawk here. But my advice is not to take the exam.
    You need to know the basic syntax by heart, you will write ALOT of code and some of the plays will be pretty long and hard to debug if you dont know the syntax.
    I've taken the exam last almost a year ago and it's pretty hard. Actuall, after the course and the exam, I was pretty confident and I could manage to do most of the tasks related to ansible without help. Linnux academy doesnt doesnt go into depth as Red Hat course does.