Options

Why is the passing score so low????

arrrrrowarrrrrow Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Why is the passing score so low when compared to other certifications i.e CCNA. Seems to be too low for the qualiification to have any real merit. This has probably already been discussed at an earlier date, but can anyone explain the 100-900 scaled score?

For the record I sat both the hardware and OS exams today and scored 887 and 876. I thought a few of the questions were dodgy to say the least. One I recall had spelling errors which I believe is pretty piss poor. :)

Comments

• Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Passing score is so low right now because they're in the process of changing objectives. Everything they change the passing score lowers, and the exam goes from adaptive to linear. I guess this is all just to help phase in the new objectives, and to help those that have been studying to hurry up and get both exams done before the switch.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    makes, sense ...thanks
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats on your pass.
  • Options
  • Options
    cb6000cb6000 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the 2003 objective, you'll have to score at least a 505 for OS, and 515 for the Core...so the minimum scores increase. You can find the info on CompTIA's site.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, arrrrrow!

Very good scores!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Thanks again :0

I still think the pass mark is too low at just over 500. The way I look at it you can get close to half the answers wrong and still get the qual. Every man and his dog will have it. 700 would be a more realistic pass for a qual of this standing. When I sat the CCNA, the pass mark was 842/1000.

cheers