Options

When saving from office programs to PDF the fonts change, anyone had this before?

MattFranks94MattFranks94 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Got a member of staff who has a problem of when he saves a document to PDF it changes the font and the bold text as well. I had a crack at fixing it yesterday but no luck, he has all the standard fonts on his machine and I've gone through all the Adobe Acrobat X settings but no fix.

Any help is appreciated, cheers guys

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There should be some options for the pdf conversion settings. Try checking them out. Is it possible they are using fonts that have restrictions for embedding? If they are using older fonts it is possible that they only have screen fonts and the printer font is not available.
  • Options
    MattFranks94MattFranks94 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I've narrowed down the problem, they're using an older version of Acrobat Pro and we recently updated their Office. May-be a conflict there?
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    First thing I would do is open the pdf in acrobat and go to the document properties under the file menu. The fonts tab should telly you the fonts that are in the document and if they are embedded.

My guess is the fonts are not embedding and then the computer is having issues previewing them. I would also try opening the pdf on another machine to see if it is consistent. I don't believe the acrobat version will affect the pdf creation unless you were creating postscript and distilling it.
  • Options
    geo8geo8 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I've narrowed down the problem, they're using an older version of Acrobat Pro and we recently updated their Office. May-be a conflict there?
    i doubt it, you need to embed the fonts in the pdf