Options

Is Comptia certifications relevant?

bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
Are comptia exams relevant in Australia? Reason i ask is that I have never seen any job vaccancies ask for Comptia Certs. I feel they’re benefical to ones learning and gaining experience for the workplace.

Anyone here in Australia feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    Deáthmáge85Deáthmáge85 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bowmatty wrote: »
    Are comptia exams relevant in Australia? Reason i ask is that I have never seen any job vaccancies ask for Comptia Certs. I feel they’re benefical to ones learning and gaining experience for the workplace.

Anyone here in Australia feel the same?

10 years ago they were hard skills, now CompTIA level skills are assumed as a soft skill. Just because it's not stated doesn't mean it's not assumed you know it. That is how you showcase yourself as different than others; passion.
    Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, Storage+, CySA+, CASP+ (003 & 004), VCP-DCV 5, VCP-DCV/NV 6, MCSE x 2: Core Infrastructure & Productivity (2016), Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty, Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate, Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate

Current Pursuit: Azure & O365 Renewals

:2023 Goals: 
     Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500), Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate (AZ-800 & AZ-801), Microsoft Certified: Azure Cybersecurity Architect (SC-100)

:2024 Goals:
    VCP7-DCV, CCSP, CISSP, CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP

:2025 Goals:
    Linux+, RHSA, PenTest+, C|EH, OSCP, Azure & O365 Renewals
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am not from Australia so I can't answer your specific question. However I think the real question is what are they looking for.

Certifications certainly have value the problem is they have a different value to different people.
  • Options
    jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't know about Australia but here in the US if you want to work in the Gov sector specifically anything dealing with the DoD 8570 or similar requirements you have to have CompTIA or equivalent certs to even get hired. Sec+ is the foot in the door for USA Gov jobs
  • Options
    bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ive been living in Australia (from the UK) for 7 years and haven't seen Comptia requirements on any job description. 

On another note. Usually you see an entry level job asking for a CCNP certified engineer :/