Options

Failed LXO-103 again today!!!

krob702krob702 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, but have actively browsed the forums to further and enhance my IT career. I am aiming for a career in security, but building my Linux and Network experience for a solid foundation. Recently, I stepped into the world of Linux since it was suggested by my new employer. I am currently in a Sys Admin and was IT Helpdesk for way too long. Now its time to broaden my horizons. I currently hold a number of ITIL certifications (3 of the intermediate certifications), Project +, Security +, Network +, and my PMI-CAPM.

Today marks the 2nd time taking the exam and not passing. I now have to wait two weeks. I'm more or less venting my frustrations. Two months ago I have never SSH'd into a Linux terminal in my life and couldn't tell you anything about the different distro's. The silver lining is that my competencies have increased exponentially.

I have been using Linux Academy, Labbing, the Sybex book, and of course the internet as a reference when I have questions.

My first attempt I scored a 420, today I scored a 480. The fill in the blank questions were quite easy in my opinion. I was confident during the exam and was done with a review in about 35 minutes. A handful of the questions I honestly did not know and need to research more. Maybe I breezed through it too quickly. I know what I need to brush up on...again... and will schedule the exam in 2 weeks.

This exam is getting costly and I hope everyone is right in saying the 104 is a bit easier than the 103. LOL. I cant wait to pass!

I'm going to work on my CCNA next and cap it off with C|EH or CASP. I work in Layer 2 quite often, but have never touched layer 3 from the command line. After my experience with this Linux exam - it seems daunting!

Cheers everyone!

Comments