eLearnSecurity - Digital Forensic Professional

r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wanted to know if who among you took this course already? I am now taking the course and it's really challenging yet fun activity so far.

Who among you are from DFIR field and can proof read the course outline made by eLS here?

https://www.elearnsecurity.com/course/digital_forensics_professional/

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Do you really mean proofread or review/comment?
  • r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Do you really mean proofread or review/comment?

Yes, what I mean was from the DFIR perspective, is this course something worth to try and investment?
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    shrug

Looks OK to me. I just wish they'd change their name to something that doesn't sound like a Youtube channel.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The topics seem definitely in line with what an enterprise forensicator would need to deal with on a regular basis. I am curious as to the depth of the material as every subtopic could be a week long class by itself. My educated guess it that is is farily high level.

If anyone has gone through the class I also welcome the feedback.
  • r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    The topics seem definitely in line with what an enterprise forensicator would need to deal with on a regular basis. I am curious as to the depth of the material as every subtopic could be a week long class by itself. My educated guess it that is is farily high level.

If anyone has gone through the class I also welcome the feedback.

I actually purchased the course during the pre-launch. The materials are not just high level but it gives you further details from the forensicator stand point. The labs contain 24 exercises and you can see on the lab materials that they really put too much effort on building this course. I was actually planning to finish the whole course in a timeframe of one month but I can't since I wanted to re-do the labs from lab 1 once I finished it as I have 120 hrs as total lab time. Need to maximize it since the learning is so fantastic on this course.
  • nebula105nebula105 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    r3nzsec wrote: »
    I actually purchased the course during the pre-launch. The materials are not just high level but it gives you further details from the forensicator stand point. The labs contain 24 exercises and you can see on the lab materials that they really put too much effort on building this course. I was actually planning to finish the whole course in a timeframe of one month but I can't since I wanted to re-do the labs from lab 1 once I finished it as I have 120 hrs as total lab time. Need to maximize it since the learning is so fantastic on this course.

That's nice to hear. I've been regretting not purchasing the course at launch; now I have to cough up full price hehe.

Do post more in depth thoughts on the course if you can! Looking forward to it :)