Options

CTT+ Question

layer8problemslayer8problems Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does the classroom course need to be in any particular set of categories?

I'm an NRA Instructor and figured I could just record one of my classes since they are second nature but I don't know if Comptia is looking for a technology related class.

Comments

• Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting question....From their classroom trainer prep guide, the "content" didn't indicate it has to be IT related. Nor do their objectives mention you must specifically do IT training. I'd probably contact them to be sure, so you don't waste a bunch of time, but it seems as long as the training tools are technical in nature it doesn't need to necessarily be an IT subject.

https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/downloadablefiles/01981-virtual-ctt-classroom-trainer-howtoprepare-2015-online.pdf?sfvrsn=2

"Content: Because the CompTIA CTT+ certification is recognized in many industries, it is important for theprogram to establish and maintain consistent and credible standards. The instructional content of therecording should be clearly professional in nature and be of sufficient complexity to provide the depthand scope for scoring judges to assess the performance adequately in each of the objectives."
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Purely at face value, I would assume Certified Technical Trainer means technical content. However, I could be wrong. I wanted this certification, but my school wanted me to pay for it. A previous instructor of mine had it, but he taught the MCSE Windows 2000 classes.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College