Are there any comprehensive lab exercises?

SquiwwelSquiwwel Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm currently studying for the 40-710, using ITPro.tv and CBTNuggets. I already watched all the Pluralsight video on the 40-710. My problem is, that I absolutely detest mimicking the instructors. I don't feel like I can learn anything by simply clicking a few buttons or typing a CMDlet. Sure the system works in the end, but I don't know how, why or encounter any problems I'd have to troubleshoot. So I'd really appreciate so lab exercises that specifically prepare you for the MCSA exam. If possible with as little instructions as possible. I'd also be willing to pay for it of course.

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would be interested in something like this that gave you 2/3 of the setup and encouraged you to finish it. You learn a lot about troubleshooting this way which reinforces the learning.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found the way I learnt was by building own labs using hyper-v. There are plenty of guides on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-server/windows-server if you look on the left hand side which will show you how to do it.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Squiwwel wrote: »
    I'm currently studying for the 40-710, using ITPro.tv and CBTNuggets. I already watched all the Pluralsight video on the 40-710. My problem is, that I absolutely detest mimicking the instructors. I don't feel like I can learn anything by simply clicking a few buttons or typing a CMDlet. Sure the system works in the end, but I don't know how, why or encounter any problems I'd have to troubleshoot. So I'd really appreciate so lab exercises that specifically prepare you for the MCSA exam. If possible with as little instructions as possible. I'd also be willing to pay for it of course.

I know what you mean but it's always good to follow some kind of steps. What I could do if you like since I don't need it anymore.. I have the Microsoft Official Academic Course Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2. exam 70-410.

Let me know if that would help you if not it's cool with me.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • SquiwwelSquiwwel Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    I know what you mean but it's always good to follow some kind of steps. What I could do if you like since I don't need it anymore.. I have the Microsoft Official Academic Course Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2. exam 70-410.

Let me know if that would help you if not it's cool with me.

Sure, that would be great. Thank you!
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm working on this . Hopefully by tonight I should have it ready for you. let me have your email address or DM on here .
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*