What Degrees do you have/working on???????

2»

Comments

• dcooper24dcooper24 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I currently hold a BS in Management Information Systems. I will be pursuing a Masters in Information Assurance from either Capitol College or Norwich University
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    BS in MIS. Don't plan on pursuing Masters...don't need it right now, and work and certs are keeping me occupied. When I do decide to go back to school, it will either be for a career change plan (MBA) or career progression plan (MS).
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • seccieseccie Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MA in Business Administration
  • babyxxxbabyxxx Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bsc(Hons)Computing studies
  • manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    Associates degree in Business Administration

Bachelors degree in Computer Systems

Working on Net + right now
  • dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see a lot of people went to ITT Tech.
    I have a AS in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology from there. I would like to finish a BS somewhere but ITT was ridiculosly expensive.
  • sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    Still working on this Bachelor of Computer Science. Only 16 months left!
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    B.S Economics
    currently refreshing old mcse and ccna with mcse 2003/ccna
    dont know about masters yet.. jury still out on whether masters in IT is worth it plus still paying on student loans from undegrad days
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    AAS Electronics Servicing
    BS Criminal Justice (Summa)

currently working on MS in Forensic Science
    icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a masters from Frank White University in Business and Marketing but it seemed kinda pointless after i saw what happened to Professor White.. icon_lol.gif

I have otherwise completed 20 hours of a 60 hour AA in Genernal Technology Degree
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mengo17mengo17 Member Posts: 100 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BS in Management Information Systems with concentration in Information Security @ FAU.
    I will start my MS in Information Security by the end of the 3rd Q 2007.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Hi

Did my HNC in Computing at DeMontfort Uni then did my BSc in Computing at Northampton Uni (aka UCN - they change their name when they received full Uni status).

-Ken
  • gregeegregee Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a Computer information systems AAS, and a bachelors of technology in network administration from morrisville state college in new york.
  • CicadaCicada Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BS in CIS

and just started working on my MBA in Info Assurance and Security, as well as working toward MCSA/MCSE.

after that ill probably work on A+ (just because), and Network+

Currently interning at my university as an assistant sysadmin.
  • silturbosilturbo Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2 year degree in Criminal Justice

working on dual 4 year degree in Secuity Systems and Computer Engineering and Information Systems
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am currently working on an astronomy degree with a minor in physics from LSU right now. Heck, Im already in my career of choice so Im just studying stuff I enjoy right now :D
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • wolfgang73wolfgang73 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Currently pursuing my MS-MIS

Masters of Science in Management Information Systems

Graduate on 8/07
    "The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess. But, he's pretty sure you're fu**ed."
  • misman1982misman1982 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Knowing your certs and degrees, how long did it take to get these???

I've only been exposed to computers for about 3-4 years.

B.S. in MIS
    Working on A.A.S. in Network Engineering that will allow me to get A+, Net+, and CCNA
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm a professional student, as well as what my networking teacher likes to call a "computer whore". I'm currently working full-time to support my college habit while I'm trying to make my way through the Computer Science requirements at College of Marin, a two-year college located just north of San Francisco and across the bay from UC Berkeley. While I still have a ways to go, I'm hoping to transfer to the UC at some point and continue on to a bachelor's degree, and I'm probably going to get drawn into doing graduate work after that. In the meantime, I'm also polishing off two A.S. degrees in Computer Information Systems at College of Marin, one in networking and one in web programming.

I've spent the last five years or so just cruising through classes here and there, and I'm finally beginning to take it seriously. Up until now, it's been nothing but things I enjoy, like the web programming and networking courses. These days, I'm attempting to complete some math prerequisites, get into doing some physics, as well as skirt the choppy waters of electrical engineering, since that's the department I'll get dumped into at the UC. (The program is offered as Electrical Engineering & Computer Science.) The plan, right now while I'm still working on prerequisites, is to gain some experience, money, and certs so I can make my way through school and make sure I have something to fall back on if I ever have to stop to churn out some money. I'm hoping that, by the time I get out of school, I'll have experience and knowledge of just about everything IT, and I can pick and choose what I want to do from there.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Still plodding away on an AS in Business Admin. Hoping to use credit-by-examination to speed up that process soon.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    I am working on my AS in Computer Network Engineering and studying for my CCNA. I have been sidetracked with the CCNA because I am trying to obtain a switch. I am always studying something , from Microsoft things to more Linux things.
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    BS in Business Administration, University of Kansas, 1993
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Totally switched gears from IT (what I'm good at) to majoring in Political Science (my passion).
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • ghulam_attarghulam_attar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□

BEng(Hon) Communications Engineering
    Aston University, Birmingham, UK.

I am aiming to complete CCNP and MCSE.

petedude wrote:
    Still plodding away on an AS in Business Admin. Hoping to use credit-by-examination to speed up that process soon.

I hear you on that one. The one good thing about having hung around the same school for so long is that the teachers I used to take classes with have moved up in the ranks, so I'm hoping to convince my former programming teacher, who is now the chair of the CIS department, to let me test out of a few classes. (Not the least of which is that damned-boring Powerpoint class.)

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Slowhand wrote:
    I'm hoping to convince my former programming teacher, who is now the chair of the CIS department, to let me test out of a few classes.
    You need to "convince" the CIS chair in order to do this? Doesn't your school have a formal protocol for challenging classes?
    They do, but in most cases you have to have the recommendation of a department chair or a specific teacher to do it. Some (read "very few") are eligable to be challenged in this way, while most require special permission. In effect, you're not "supposed" to test out of most classes, save for special circumstances. I'm hoping that the new department chair has enough faith in me to allow me to test out of at least the one class, if not a few others.

• BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Associates degree in computer-electronics engineering from ITT Tech.