Options

Ever heard of mycomputercareer.edu?

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
On my way to work yesterday I heard and ad for mycomputercareer.edu. Anyone heard of them or used them?
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I haven't, but I have a couple contacts on LI that have gone there for the entry-level CompTIA and Microsoft certs.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So I checked this place out. For 22k you get 9 certs over a 10 month period. It comes with 4 Microsoft MTA's (don't remember the ones), A+, Network+, Server+, Linux essentials and Windows 10 MCP. When you complete those 9 you can pay 11k and get your Security+, Ethical hacker and CCNA. There was another level byond that that got you an MCSA Server 2016 for another 11k, but I had stopped paying attention by that time. Might be good for someone completely new to IT, but I think its a waist. Better to go to WGU and bust that out over 2 years. Better certs and a degree. If you just want a few certs, pick the ones you want and save a ton with self study.

Just thought I would follow up with this incase anyone considered them in the future.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    9 certs in 10 months . . . that's not learning, that's cramming and brain dumping.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I actually went there to help me get my start in IT. The Army paid for it. At the time, it was really good for me. It gave me the structure and things of that nature and helped me get back study habits and stuff like that. They also helped me land a job. Since then I'm fine with doing everything self study but back then, it definitely helped give me the foundation.
  • Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    So I checked this place out. For 22k you get 9 certs over a 10 month period. It comes with 4 Microsoft MTA's (don't remember the ones), A+, Network+, Server+, Linux essentials and Windows 10 MCP. When you complete those 9 you can pay 11k and get your Security+, Ethical hacker and CCNA. There was another level byond that that got you an MCSA Server 2016 for another 11k, but I had stopped paying attention by that time. Might be good for someone completely new to IT, but I think its a waist. Better to go to WGU and bust that out over 2 years. Better certs and a degree. If you just want a few certs, pick the ones you want and save a ton with self study.

Just thought I would follow up with this incase anyone considered them in the future.

You think it might be good for someone completely new to IT to sacrifice 11-22k for entry level certifications? icon_lol.gif..Interesting. That is a waist icon_rolleyes.gif