Business cards

SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
How many of you actually use business cards?

Comments

• EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It will depend on the role. I do but I'm management.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Mine is now called LinkedIn.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Business cards add a personal touch (also to include your LinkedIn URL on the card) to your communication skill set. You never know when you might pull out the card that you received a couple months inquiring about X. It's a great way to end the conversation by providing your contact details to the other individual quickly. I personally still use personal business cards.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I do. My employer provides them.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have both personal (well my consulting company) as well as work provided ones.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    same..linkedin..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • SyntaxSyntax Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In my previous role I exchanged business cards sort of frequently. For the ones I receive, I usually snap a picture of them into my note application and throw them in the trash.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use business cards as a quick way to give my email out
    If someone gives me a card I keep it until I have entered them into my contacts and sent off a followup email.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My company provides them. I rarely go to networking events (thank G-d) so I rarely give any out.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My company provides them. I rarely go to networking events (thank G-d) so I rarely give any out.

Funny enough that's the same kind of thing with me
    Not so much into being social but I do a good job
  • LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same here, always had my personal business card with me for a while. Since my email/number hasn't changed, its saved me some $$! When I'm on the job I hand out the company cards as appropriate.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm not a big fan of business cards. But I do use them because it's a business courtesy when contact information are being exchanged. It's kinda awkward otherwise when at a meeting and a business card is offered and I don't have one to reciprocate.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use LinkedIn primarily but also use business cards sometimes.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63