Passed eJPT

neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the eJPT exam today. Thanks to the folks on this forum for sharing eLearnsecurity site has I had never heard of it before coming across it here. The course is very good and the best part is the hands-on labs. I just kept on practicing as much as I could and still had hours of lab time left over. I'll probably jump back into them from time to time to keep fresh while I wait to sign up for the PTPv5 course.

Got all but one question wrong. I'd love to know which one it was.

Comments

• PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! That one is on my 2018 goal list (starting in a few weeks, after I pass the CISSP). I have done a little bit of it, and the labs are pretty nice! I learned of it from this site as well.

Congrats again!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I'll be diving into it in the next few weeks. Working on finishing a Linux CLI course first, and also may do Python too before beginning.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass bro! It was totally worth it. Hands on exams are the best.
  • neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all. Fully agree hands-on exams are the best type. I really enjoyed the T-SHOOT exam when getting my CCNP R&S it was a lot of fun so much better than 60-70 multiple choice questions.

I was probably ready for the exam over a month ago but I tend to over study something I need to stop doing so I knock out these exams quicker. Took the exam on Friday at 09:00 and by 11:00 I knew I had it in the bag.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Did you need to do classes/courses on Linux, programming and stuff as part of the preparation for it?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No I didn't, but I had a good level of Linux already from installing different Linux distros on my laptop. I use ParrotOS as my main OS day to day and only log into windows from time to time.

Programming is covered but you could skip it as it isn't covered in the exam. Say that it is worth going through it all the same as you'll most likely need it going forward in the industry.
  • kurtkobaindtkurtkobaindt Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I've just started my journey on eJPT :)
  • p1d0fp1d0f Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□