Is CEH really at the same level as Security+ and CySA+ more advanced than both?

Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
Kinda bummed that I shelled out bucks for CEH iClass and for what can be perceived to be an "intermediate" certification...
https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/downloadablefiles/it-certification-roadmap.pdf

I had a copy of this file on my PC from a couple of years back and CEH was an "advanced" cert. What happened?
Or is CompTIA blowing smoke up everyone's butt trying to push the CySA+ ?

Hell or high water CISA and CISSP are next...

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have noticed, both on this forum and in the Twitter-verse, that the CEH has lost a lot of its luster. Since I do not have the CEH, I can't really comment on the accuracy of the lost luster, but I do know that CompTIA is making a play for more challenging, advanced certifications. That could likely play into their assessment of the cert, as well.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I can't comment on CySA+, but in my opinion, when I took CEHv8, it was MUCH easier than the Security+ 401. CISSP of course took the cake on difficulty.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pentest+ came out in July as a direct competitor to CEH. I honestly hope this is the wooden stake through EC's heart. I'm currently studying for the Pentest+ because I have more respect for CompTIA than I ever will for EC. The list of objectives for Pentest+ have some sims to make it partially hands on. Time will tell of course.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't trust that CompTIA PDF reference. CompTIA has an agenda to make their certs look good, while making other certs look less good, without making it look like they manipulated anything. Note how CASP is next to CCIE (it shouldn't be).

I'd trust anything by EC Council even less though. At least with the Security+ you get what you expect. With the CEH, for its price and the promise, you get far less than your money's worth. Well, you do get HR recognition, which is a pretty big deal.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I was about to unleash on yoba222 until I read this:
    I'd trust anything by EC Council even less though

Nothing to see here. Moving on icon_smile.gif