eCPPT Exam

Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys

I am planning to give my eCPPT exam soon. I was wondering whether the exam is like CTF type of exam(where we get the root/system admin privilege) or just find all exploits on particular system and move to next system.

Regards
Naruto

Comments

• ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Neither. Without any spoilers, you have to treat it like a real pentesting engagement, you get the scope and a goal. You have to achieve your goal and report all the vulnerabilities that you found during the engagement. If you don't achieve your goal, you fail. If you achieve your goal, but your report doesn't provide enough value, you also fail. Focus on the goal and providing value to the "customer".

Good luck and have fun! :)
  • Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks ottucsak. I went through your eCPPT link mentioned in another post about the exam.
    I will make a **** sheet, and keep the tools ready which is mentioned in the PTP course.
    Doing the labs will be enough or should i search for some extra tools? I refer few video on HTB(especially by IPPSEC) and cracked one machine in HTB.
    About the report, Did you use the format provided by elearnsecurity?

Thanks again for the tips :)

Regards
    Naruto
  • ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used to work as a pentester, so I always write my own reports. It's easier for me than modifying someone else's. :)

I'm not sure about the changes since eCPPTv2, but for v1 the lab tools were more than enough and don't worry, everything will be pretty easy.
    Thanks ottucsak :)
  • trac0detrac0de Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Naruto985 when you are planning the exam? I'm planning the second week in september.....
    Hi trac0de

I am planning to give next week. Don't have much lab hours. So I better give a try thank dragging things. More days pass by, it creates anxiety for me :) sooner the better. And here series of festival have started lol so I get deviated. It's start of festival time a lot and lot of festival :)
    Good luck for your exam.
  • Mr. FleddMr. Fledd Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Naruto and trac0de,

I was curious logistically how many hours off of work I would need to take for the eCPPT exam, in other words, roughly how many hours are required for the exam? I know you have a week to do it, but I've read about people who have only taken a couple days off of work. Just need to plan vacation time accordingly. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Depending on what country you're in, you might be able to take care of it over a three-day weekend.
  • Mr. FleddMr. Fledd Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, thank you very much for the feedback, I appreciate it.