Options

Splunk Certification Program Relaunch

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
The Splunk Certification Program has announced a relaunch of the Splunk certifications.

Highlights:
  • No current Splunk exam registrations allowed after August 15, 2018
  • Current Splunk certification program decommissioned on September 1, 2018
  • New exam registration at PearsonVue begins on September 4, 2018.
  • New exam testing at PearsonVue begins on October 8, 2018.
Also:
  • All new Splunk exams cost US$125 each
  • All new Splunk exams are now closed-book.
  • All current v6 Splunk exams will expire at their normal date and will not be renewable.

Comments

• Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So Splunk has started to back pedal on this a bit, at least for certain partners. My company is ranked second in the world for the amount of certifications held by a partner. People from the Splunk HQ came to our HQ a few weeks ago and informed us that we would all be grandfathered in and not have to retake all of the exams.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I haven’t followed this after my initial rant in the other thread. Any idea if they are grandfathering other than partners?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I'm not sure what Splunk's definition of "grandfathering" is. The old certification program is decommissioned, so all Splunk exams will need to be taken at PersonVue. I suppose Splunk could issue vouchers for a free v7 exam for all those v6 cert holders who certs naturally expire.
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    By grandafthering I mean, everyone in my company will be upgraded to the new certs and not be required to pay or retake any of the exams. But as I said previously, we are one of the largest Splunk partners in the world(largest in certain areas). I can not speak to what thier plans for individuals are.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.