Next certification

RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been out of IT for about three years. Haven't done much work since suffering a stroke in late 2015. Was in IT for over 20 years before that, and I am trying to get back into it, at least part-time if nothing else. I picked up my A+ in 1998, my Network+ in 2005, and MCDST (XP) in 2008. What would be the next certification i may want to shoot for? I'm not sure about Security+ or even a CCENT or CCNA. What's next???

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It really will depend on the role you want. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    In my opinion:

Networking field = CCENT/CCNA
    SysAdmin = MCSA Server 2016
    Security = Security+

You may even want to think about Linux+ or Red Hat.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am thinking either Windows 10 or Security+. Not sure about CCENT/CCNA. I was more help desk and a PC tech when I worked.