Options

RHCSA and RHCE what video course and book?

andrew_69andrew_69 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
H Guys.

New here. I have decided I want to study for both these exams with a plan to try and sit the RHCSA some time in December 2018.

My first question is what video series to buy?

I am torn between Sander Van Vugt's videos:

RHCSA

RHCE

and the Linux Academy's Videos:

RHCSA

RHCE

The thing that strikes me as a big difference between the courses is the amount of hours each one is. Sander's course is 28hrs total whilst the Linux Academy is 70hrs in total.

I noticed on another thread dude indicated he actually did both Sander's and the Linux Academy videos.

Does seem like over kill tho and would also take a long time to go through all that.

From people that have passed the exams is it necessary to do both video series or is it sufficient to just do one?

As for the book I was thinking of buying Sanders premium edition book as study material:

Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Tests | Pearson IT Certification

What do people think?

Video series and book and lots of practice sufficient? I am in a full time Linux role currently but only 1.5years experience.

Comments

• Options
    BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used only Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide normal edition but I was working as a sysadmin.

For labbing I've used my pc with KVM since I use Fedora on my home pc.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I recall seeing an inexpensive test prep for RHCSA on TecMint.com - but I am sure there are a ton of different ones out there.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP