eLearnSecurity WAPTv3 launch

Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□

Comments

• ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looking forward to the updated content. I don't know any training currently on the market that's good and affordable.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Awesome. I'll most likely be picking this up. I've been wanting to take WAPT since v2 dropped. While I'm not doing pentesting in my current position, having the appsec and app pentesting knowledge would be hugely beneficial. Might as well pick it up with a steep discount.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have my eye on this one. I am expecting them to have a steep introductory discount for it, so it may very well be worth picking up. It makes me wonder if they will be updating wPTX anytime soon?
  • Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just registered for the webinar. I guess this time i wont get a free upgrade like PTP v5. Lets see if the new version is worth and the extra bucks i need to spend is within my budget :)
  • ArridTatooineArridTatooine Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well i bought it for 40% off, same price as PTP few months ago. I'm thrilled !!!
    After CISSP, I'm really eager to get back into the pentesting game.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    current course holders got 70% discount. I most definitely upgraded for $350! Much much better from the $500 upgrade that PTPv5 cost.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    *Nevermind. I got an email for a 40% off code. It seems they jacked the prices up for each level so the Barebones is what the Full used to be, and same with Full being priced where Elite used to be. I need to see if it's going to be worth the investment. It's definitely a great course and one that could benefit me for sure.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got the 40% off code. Original price is $1399. With discount, it's $719. Can't start on this for awhile. Should I buy? Seems like a great deal.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well I didn't win the free courses so I won't be taking this course ever lol. It looks like a decent course BUT insanely over priced compared to the other options out there that go FAR more in-depth into topics and explore much more advanced attacks and methods. Check out pentesterlabs.com, $20 a month and packed with a whole lot more than eWAPT will give you.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    I will try to fit both this and the OSCE in my training budget. It's not impressive, but there aren't any similarly priced alternatives that come with a cert.
  • dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    McxRisley wrote: »
    Well I didn't win the free courses so I won't be taking this course ever lol. It looks like a decent course BUT insanely over priced compared to the other options out there that go FAR more in-depth into topics and explore much more advanced attacks and methods. Check out pentesterlabs.com, $20 a month and packed with a whole lot more than eWAPT will give you.

Considering signing up for this. How long have you been a paying user and whats the most valuable thing you've gotten from it? Pros/Cons? Thank you in advance. :)
  • Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The price looks costly for me :) and I am still thinking whether to upgrade or not. I got a 70% discount. Any opinion about the latest module? Is it worth?
    NoSQL seems interesting, but I doubt that it's worth $350. The CMS part is probably nothing more than using off-the-shelf scripts, fingerprinting webapps and utilizing/modifying exploits, so you are better off watching some ippsec videos. Also, the exam haven't been updated, so these modules will not be in the exam.
    After digging through both v2 and v3 syllabus, I'm not going to pursue this. I came to the same conclusion as ottucsak. As well, McxRisley is correct about there being far cheaper options out there. In addition to pentesterlabs, there's also pentesteracademy. And I remembered my employer also has an application pentesting course as well, that I get for free (a $2999 value). There's also a FREE course by HackerOne (https://www.hacker101.com/) that looks to cover most of the same stuff at an introductory level. I'll probably do a combination of these and then challenge the GWAPT.
  • u1trasu1tras Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    After digging through both v2 and v3 syllabus, I'm not going to pursue this. I came to the same conclusion as ottucsak. As well, McxRisley is correct about there being far cheaper options out there. In addition to pentesterlabs, there's also pentesteracademy. And I remembered my employer also has an application pentesting course as well, that I get for free (a $2999 value). There's also a FREE course by HackerOne (https://www.hacker101.com/) that looks to cover most of the same stuff at an introductory level. I'll probably do a combination of these and then challenge the GWAPT.

What was the paid application pentesting course you and your employer had?
    Certs: OSCP, eCTHP
    2019 Goals:
    eCTHP (done), FOR578 (done), FOR555 (done), Python (in progress), ELK, eCIR, SEC599, NetWars DFIR, FOR610
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    There's also a FREE course by HackerOne (https://www.hacker101.com/) that looks to cover most of the same stuff at an introductory level. I'll probably do a combination of these and then challenge the GWAPT.

Thanks for the tip! This site looks pretty good. I especially like that it appears to be a structured learning plan rather than just a collection of how-to videos. I learn new things better through structure but then fill in the gaps with one-offs.
  • r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think I might get this one. The CMS module as well as the NoSQL module are something that we need to consider. Though there are free resources out there, ELS really gained my trust when it comes to building skillsets, not just the brand name of their certs. :)
  • Test_studentTest_student Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone bought WAPTv3 and compared it to WAPTv2? I can upgrade to from WAPTv2 to WAPTv3 for $350 but is the course material pretty much the same or has it been updated enough to warrant the cost?

Or do I save the money and put it towards something else?

I hate my indecisiveness!
    I have both v2 and v3 syllabus and checked it line by line. It seems they've only added the two modules for CMS and NoSQL. They even stated the exam hasn't changed, so it doesn't even reflect the two new modules. If they had updated the other material and the exam I would say it's worth it. Honestly you can find information on the CMS and NoSQL stuff out there for cheap or free.
  • ZunineZunine Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ottucsak wrote: »
    Looking forward to the updated content. I don't know any training currently on the market that's good and affordable.

Hello, I was searching for an online course platform to learn about ethical hacking, found this course https://infosecaddicts.com/course/certified-ethical-hacker-v10/ and it is free. You could check it out and let me know if this was helpful.
    Thank you.