Options

Cism

AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all,

So I just scheduled my CISM for Tuesday. My studies have been based on:

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Information-Security-Manager-Guide/dp/1260027031/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534871792&sr=8-1&keywords=CISM

https://www.audible.com/pd/Self-Development/Essential-CISM-Updated-for-the-15th-Edition-CISM-Review-Manual-Audiobook/B07C3YF5H6?qid=1534871863&sr=sr_1_1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=e81b7c27-6880-467a-b5a7-13cef5d729fe&pf_rd_r=0ZND1E25DXVKKN1GNY55&

https://www.audible.com/pd/Science-Technology/Essential-CISM-Exam-Quiz-Updated-for-the-15th-Edition-CISM-Review-Manual-Audiobook/B07CYJ2LHF?qid=1534871863&sr=sr_1_2&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_2&pf_rd_p=e81b7c27-6880-467a-b5a7-13cef5d729fe&pf_rd_r=0ZND1E25DXVKKN1GNY55&

Yep the last two are audio books.

Beyond that ... in these last days, do any of you have some recommendations? Skill wise I am heavy in identity management, perimeter defense, PKI, privacy and vulnerability management from my career. I am also fairly strong on writing policies.

I want to hammer this test out. So any advice would be appreciated. It will be my first ISACA exam. I have taken all Microsoft outside of CIPT (IAPP) and MOF (Exin). So I will be unfamiliar with techniques for ISACA.

Thanks all!
Ashenwelt
-Always working on something...
-The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog

Comments

• Options
    ger_safger_saf Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have to do ISACA Q&A DB before to sit to the exam.
  • Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ger_saf wrote: »
    You have to do ISACA Q&A DB before to sit to the exam.

I did not see that as a requirement anywhere on their website or in the books I have done. I have done the total tester from CISM Certified Information Security Manager All-in-One Exam Guide. Is that Q&A a recommendation or a requirement? I will look into doing that. Figured I had a solid weekend to prep exclusively for the test. Granted, I have been studying for weeks.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agree with ger_saf
    The 1000 Q&A DB that you can buy from ISACA is the single most important guide you'll need. The problem with this exam is that at first glance, all options appear to be viable answers to the questions. The Q&A questions were designed to give you the idea of how to get to ISACA's version of what the correct answer is or to get you to "Drink the kool-aid".
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like QADB Isaca most valid material for my 7 days left for the exam?
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I went to a boot camp and was supposed to take the exam at the end of the 5th day. On the 3rd day, the instructor introduced our class to the Q&A database and I decided to postpone the exam for another week. So i spent the next seven days studying using only the Q&A database and felt it was more useful than taking the bootcamp. You'll get mixed reviews but if you look at most of the threads where people passed, you'll see the Q&A database mentioned.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    Thanks for the information!
    Yeah will subscribe it ASAP.
  • Options
    mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Most on here only used the Q&A database to prep for the exam. It really is a dynamite resource!
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    Cool. I just subscribe and use it now :)

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OP, will you go with your original schedule or have decided to move it at a later time?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]