Options

AWS Solutions Architect or AWS SysOps Administrator

sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I work as a systems engineer and currently preparing for 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions exam.
I would also like to master Amazon Web Services cloud product but at the moment can't figure out which path is best suitable for me.

Could you please advise which path I should go for, AWS Solutions Architect or AWS SysOps Administrator?

Thank you.
Best, sacredboy!

Comments

• Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It depends on what you see you doing in the future: Administration or architecting the environment. I am going for the AWS Solutions Architect, it appears to be most popular of the exams. There is quite a bit of overlap of the exams so some people take all three.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most people say to start with SA. The SysOps exam is a bit more difficult. It has more in depth scenario questions.
  • Options
    lacagrl17lacagrl17 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As mentioned earlier, it depends on what your future goals are! Here's a great video to get you thinking about different AWS Certification paths that are available, plus check out this free eBook on How To Pass AWS Certifications.

Linux Academy offers Certifications in all those topics (plus more). In fact, it looks like there's a $150 off sale going on right now!
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited February 2019
    Can anybody, please, explain what is the major difference between Solutions Architect and SysOps in terms of duties or tasks one and the other is meant to do. 
    I am not talking about distinction of Solutions Architect and SysOps in terms of certification and all about it. Just what each does according to the titles.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2FKdqPbyk0

looks to be 6mos old, so things may have changed since then
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP