Tell Us What You Love Most About TechExams!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Why did you first join TechExams? What keeps you coming back? Tell us what you love most about TechExams below.

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    2013. I was getting my Security + and this place helped me so much.
    1.) The wealth of information that has gathered here.
    2.) The members here are fantastic.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • cochi78cochi78 Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Joined just this year, not even 6 months ago.

I keep coming back for multiple reasons:
    - searching experience reports with study tips and prep resources
    - information about new exams, betas or vouchers
    - annoying others with my own exam experience report
    - helping people with questions around the AWS course curriculum and their associated exams
    - meeting other certification collectors like me (I am not alone! Yay!)
  • RogueEnigmaRogueEnigma Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Reading about other exam taker's experiences so I know what to hone in on while studying and how to better prepare (best study materials, resources, what to expect at testing center, etc)
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    admin wrote: »
    What keeps you coming back?

I ask myself this everytime I log on... I'll let you know when I figure it out! icon_wink.gif
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The community, career advice, over all IT conversation. (It has very little to do with certifications, I can find that information on the vendors websites and Google).
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Joined in 2008.
    Have been coming back because the people are good.
    Also people here aren't cheaters or dumpers we generally try to pass an exam by understanding the material.
    There is a wide range of talent on this board from newbs to people who have been in the trenches for 20+ years. People on here can make a wide range of salary from $8 an hour to $360k a year from what I have seen. There is also people from all over the world giving us a very diverse user base.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Joined in 2008. Keep coming back because this place is filled with ethical, honest people that love what they do. Always good conversation, good advice, and a lot of encouragement and positive attitude.

It's a great place to talk about our industry, check out what others are doing, and just have a good time.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I initially joined because I was curious about the fuss around certifications.

A couple of things that I like about TE is that it is made up primarily of professionals that are passionate about their craft who come from a diverse background. There is also a wide age range which I don't find on other forums. One important aspect about TE that allows me to post it is the general anonymity.

I come back because I have noticed that most tech forums tend to be filled with a lot of unnecessary swearing, drama, trolling, and self-serving immaturity. The community here is very civil and professional. Even though it is largely anonymous, I don't recall any animosity among posters and there seem to be genuine desire to help.

The moderators here do a great job to keep the conversation civil and productive.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't remember the exact situation, but I watched a MicroNugget from Anthony Sequeira mentioning that he was thinking about joining this site. I took that advice and definitely appreciate all the members that contribute. I like that we have the entire range of experiences and certification levels that participate, help out those who are starting and continuing. This is about the only site I make a point to check on a daily basis.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I love the way everyone here is so helpful. This place helped me a lot planning not only my certification path, but with interviewing, resume writing etc. It's only fair to give back!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The sarcasm of some users jejej!

Edit:
    The forum is very helpful and motivational, The first time that I joined I was looking for information for A+!

On the other hand, I always enter here and If I don't enter here, for example, I wouldn't find out the Cisco Scholarship Program and now I'm CCNA Cyber Ops. :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Joined in 2007 (just dawned on me how long I've been here).

I joined because it came up in a search related to the CCNA. What I love most is the community we have here. The members are amazing and any discourse has always been very civil.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Joined TE in 2017 to be able to exchange ideas and interact with the TE folks / community. I find all sorts of stories from certification exam preparation, zero to hero posts (inspirational), general IT stuff interesting.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Next year will be a decade since I’ve joined. I originally found it when searching for advice on the Network+, which was the first cert I went for. At the time I was the ONLY person on my team (of about 20) that cared to put in work to advance themselves. This community of like minded individuals is exactly what I was looking for! I’ve stayed since and this is the one site that I check pretty much every day, throughout the day. A great group of people. I will say, its the one group that has stayed constant, with every job move I’ve made and having nobody at those jobs to discuss certs with, and nobody who also wants to keep improving themselves and advancing, I’ve always been able to come here and get my fill of interacting with people who do.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think I was searching for study tips for the CCNA exam and this forum kept on popping up in the search results. Initially, I kind of ignored it, but eventually I looked around the site and decided to join.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is 100% the members for me. I come here to post success,failures,rants, and everything in between. This has been the first place I come to with I need perspective for years and I don't expect that to change. There are bad eggs here and there but this community is filled with some of the greatest people I have ever met.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The membership here too. Like many of us, I know too many people at work that have little desire to improve themselves. They'll willingly be sent to a class but actively resist certification. I like talking to people that want to learn.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Around 2013 I was searching for A+ study resources. I was a total newb back then icon_surprised.gif
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I came here for information on CCNA material about 6 years ago. What I like the most is that it is a group of people that are both willing to put in some work themselves and also help others along the way.

Outside of this community I have very little interaction with people that are actually willing to pursue certifications on their own.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can say almost everything I know about IT came from TE and all the helpful advice from the members so I know when I am here I can never be lost in anything in my career. With that being mentioned I would say I always get a cool, positive and friendly vibe from every TE member.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have been here since... 2005?... Not as active as I used to be, but I keep coming back. Even with the technical warts with the current platform, this is just a great community that corresponds to my chosen profession, and that is what keeps me coming back.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are several but the thignsthat stand out for me are:
    1) People who have experience in the things you would like to achieve professionally
    2) People in the same boat as you are and provide solidarity
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • mels65mels65 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I keep coming back to this forum because of the wealth of knowledge found on this site, I have a question about study materiel, or a lab question all I have to do is a simple search and there is my answer.
  • futurehendrixfuturehendrix Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Study material as well as general career advice.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Competition. Advance or die.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Over 10 years here! A community of trusted individuals who always give excellent advice

You can't get this kind of career advice anywhere else online!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The people.
    Stressed about a test? They know where to point you.
    Need a resume looked over? Remove PII and post it. Brace yourself.

Moving up in the world? Time to give back.
    Also the clear design. It's not clogged up or meant to look like a video game. The forum, though fun, is a rather serious event and is how the majority (everyone?) of us make a living. So if you look at the site, minimum ads, no glitter. Click what you need to and get to the point. Exactly like it should be :)
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So, when does this new website go LIVE?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Everyone!

Sorry I've been incognito for the past few weeks -- we're down a person on my team so I've been wearing a few hats as we work to fill the position (if you know of any stellar product/channel marketing managers in the Madison, WI, area, pm me!).

I've been chipping away at Q/A on the migration and site redesign. We are very close! Right now, we're targeting a mid- to late-September launch of the new site.

This week, I will pull all questions/suggestions from this thread and the other (what would you change) and post them back here (with answers) for consumption.

I'll keep you all posted as we firm up dates.

Thank you, again, for all the awesome feedback and suggestions!

-Megan
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    @Admin/Megan:

Do the marketing manager have to be in the US? can it be done remotely or on a part-time basis?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE