new tech, old hand

dandanhirschbergdandanhirschberg Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there ladies and gentlemen. I am a recent relocate to Wenatchee WA from Alaska. Being indoors much of my childhood (I am 36) I spent alot of time on the PC, building, repairing, diagnosing, etc. I am new to exams, but not really. I am just posting here as a friendly "hello" to my fellow IT professionals, and taking any and all advice should anyone feel the need to reach out. I am interested in the security side of the digital space, and in the town I now reside, there are alot of brick and mortar places *still* transitioning from pencil and paper (I will spare the D&D reference here) to the digital form of data. I see the need for security and even mentioned this to my employer's IT subcontractor, and ransomware specifically, 2 weeks before they were hit with a .krab extension ransomware attack. I am sure I am in the right place, and welcome any interactions.

Nice to meet you all.

-Dan Hirschberg

Comments

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post any questions.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • dandanhirschbergdandanhirschberg Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there ladies and gentlemen. I am a recent relocate to Wenatchee WA from Alaska. Being indoors much of my childhood (I am 36) I spent alot of time on the PC, building, repairing, diagnosing, etc. I am new to exams, but not really. I am just posting here as a friendly "hello" to my fellow IT professionals, and taking any and all advice should anyone feel the need to reach out. I am interested in the security side of the digital space, and in the town I now reside, there are alot of brick and mortar places *still* transitioning from pencil and paper (I will spare the D&D reference here) to the digital form of data. I see the need for security and even mentioned this to my employer's IT subcontractor, and ransomware specifically, 2 weeks before they were hit with a .krab extension ransomware attack. I am sure I am in the right place, and welcome any interactions.

Nice to meet you all.

-Dan Hirschberg

my technical questions will be coming soon-in time-if anybody is willing, I am glad to hear any advised or prescribed methods of info ingestion for the network and security + certs. I am not too nervous about the linux cert, but if there are any curveballs on that one that I should be aware of it'd be nice. That said-I've been self-teaching linux for over 2 years now, and feel well-versed in a number of admin tasks on the PC level but not the small office environment, toward which I imagine the cert is geared.

thoughts anybody?
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Welcome!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....