Just passed the Project+ exam

renachicrenachic Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the Project+ exam. I am really excited. The exam wasn't really that bad!

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass! Just curious, did your employer require this certification or did you do it for self satisfaction?
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • renachicrenachic Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My employer suggested I take the exam because I am now in project management.
  • nuglobenuglobe Member Posts: 190
    I was thinking of taking it just for self enjoyment. Do you feel that it will help you with projects?

Anyway, you did... congrats. icon_cool.gif
    GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    what did you use for study materials? I'm taking this test on saturday!
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems
    That's what I used also. Hopefully it will be enough for me as well. :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems
    Greetings,

I was looking in to getting a book to study for this exam. I noticed many here used Sybex book to prepare for the exam. I was about to order one of the recommended book posted on comptia site - which is - IT Project Management: On Track from Start to Finish, Second Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Project-Management-Finish-Second-Certification/dp/0072232021/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-0188616-3676159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188811278&sr=8-2

Is this book not recommended/outdated or you guys just simply sybex fans?

Thanks. Also did anyone found transcender to be useful?
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • hjcoumanshjcoumans Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job. I passed a few years ago and found the Sybex book hardly good enough as a prep tool.
    Nevertheless I passed at first attempt by then with a 540 score (499 to pass) and no time to spare on the exam.
    I would recommend the readers to prep using some of the more 'heavy' prep tools targeted for the PMP exam and skip some of the sections.
    This exam is a watered down version of PMP IMO.

The exam question were quite fuzzy to me, and giving the right answer can be diffecult then.
    If you need to choose the best answer often depends on the circumstances. Like time constraint, $$$, skills available and timing (scheduling of temp skills).

Maybe it helps readers to prepare for this (quite obscure) exam.

Regards,
    Han
    ToDolist: (deep breath) (roughly in sequence) 70-291, 70-290, Security+, 70-270, 70-294, LPIC-2, (out-of-sequence) CCDP 70-299, CWNA, EXIN ISF, CISSP, 8 more EXIN exams and some more work...... BS
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops