TOGAF Certification Preparation

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the 9.2 bundle with has Level 1 and Level 2 as well as additional documenation and self study for the TOGAF 9.2 certfication. Anyone that is TOGAF Certified recommend anything else to go along with what Open Group has recommended for self study?

TIA
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I highly recommend to read Philz' thread on TOGAF, especially his notes: http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/108689-lets-get-togaf-certified-2015-thread-2.html
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks. I did see that thread. Don't know how much has changed since 9.2 however. Will go through it again and will still solicite information.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
    God help me, this TOGAF reading is so dry. I have to re-read entire sections sometimes just to try and understand what is being delivered.
  • Azt7Azt7 Member Posts: 121 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, it is a very challenging read. I gave it a shot last summer and I just couldn't do it.

I would recommend finding another source (Amazon book / CBT Nuggets / Udemy ...) and then read the book on the side.

That is going to be my approach whenever I revisit this !
    Certifications : ITIL, MCSA Office 365, MCSE Productivity, AWS CSAA, Azure Architect, CCSK, TOGAF
    Studying for :  TBD
    It's dry, but I'm pushing through it. I felt the same way when I first started studying for the CISSP. (ISC)2 CISSP CBK at the time was terrible. But just like that experience, I know I'll pass this cert. Good luck to you on your studies.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    FWIW

Last two fortune 500 companies I worked at either preferred or required this certification or SOA or Zachman Methodology for all sorts of architect positions. Enterprise, Solutions, Data, Integration etc....

When I explored the engineering positions it wasn't mentioned. It seemed to only be asked for architect roles.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Haha I remember when I did my TOGAF - 9.1, at first it was a case of “Oh my God what have I got myself into” until it all clicked. It is very difficult and dry but persevere to really try understand what this whole framework means. I also did some last questions from the web (not ****!) that helped gauge where I was at. I might do SABSA next year as my world is security. TOGAF makes references to it too.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
    scasc wrote: »
    Haha I remember when I did my TOGAF - 9.1, at first it was a case of “Oh my God what have I got myself into” until it all clicked. It is very difficult and dry but persevere to really try understand what this whole framework means. I also did some last questions from the web (not ****!) that helped gauge where I was at. I might do SABSA next year as my world is security. TOGAF makes references to it too.

Any tips advice for the exam? I went through the standard Part 1 2X going through it 1 more time, and went through Part 2 2 X and supplemented with Video's on Udemy.

Thanks!
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Understand the theory - first part of multiple choice exam will get you against simple terms and definitions. Second part still multiple choice but based on case studies. Understand why certain techniques are used, what happens at each stage of the life cycle (inputs and outputs) and finally use some practice questions to gauge where you are. Best of luck.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
    scasc wrote: »
    Understand the theory - first part of multiple choice exam will get you against simple terms and definitions. Second part still multiple choice but based on case studies. Understand why certain techniques are used, what happens at each stage of the life cycle (inputs and outputs) and finally use some practice questions to gauge where you are. Best of luck.

Thank you!
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Purchased the foundations study guide.....    Plan on knocking out the foundation certification in the coming weeks.  

Currently in and will be transitioning to another architecture role.  (App and EA).  Not going to kill myself, playing way to much golf and going on way to many trips this summer.