70-483 Crash Course

celticninjacelticninja Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I've picked up C#...and I'd like to pass the 70-483 C# exam, but I want to make sure that I'm ready. I'm pretty new to the language, but I've managed to find a few resources - mainly MVA (microsoft virtual academy) and I may pick up a subscription to learnvisualstudio.net - or pluralsight. will these be enough to pass the test, or will these videos be missing some things maybe?

On a sidenote - almost totally unrelated - There's 70-480 that I could take, and I'm pretty good with HTML and CSS, but not Javascript - so either test, I'll be learning a language - either C# or Javascript. However, my reasoning for C# is this: 70-486 sounds like it might rely on something I'll learn from C#, if that makes sense.

Thoughts?

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 486 exam is a professional level test. Have are you currently working as a developer?
  • celticninjacelticninja Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I haven't thought TOO far ahead yet, but I haven't worked as a developer using the Microsoft stack. I'm a freelance developer now, but I've only used Open Source technologies.

However, I'm starting to wonder if the MCSD would be too far over my head without having some work experience with the microsoft stack - but I'm not quite sure how I would actually get my foot in the door as a developer (is junior developer a thing?) - a degree is out of the question for a good while and beyond my control icon_sad.gif
  • masroor342masroor342 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You want to get Certified without learning it!! you should start learning the basics of .NET and C#, do some hands on practice before jumping into test preparation... i am preparing for 70-483 for quite some time trying to get my head around..
  • celticninjacelticninja Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You completely misunderstand me. I do want to learn it :)
  • abyssinicaabyssinica Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Watching videos and wasting money on subscriptions isn't the way to learn a programming language, friend. You need to learn the syntax and do your own project in the language as soon as possible. And of course you need the Microsoft textbook for exam guidance and practice questions.
  • dockwilliam834dockwilliam834 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Want to Pass 70-483 exam in first attempt? Pass your Microsoft - Programming in C# MCP certification exam with Microsoft 70-483 **** questions answers. Your Microsoft - Programming in C# success is guaranteed with our 100% money back guarantee. We have updated 70-483 exam questions and providing with Microsoft MCP exam passing assurance.