Passed N10-007 Network+ today

GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello Friends,

Even though I had Network+ 2009 version, it was good for life (GFL) and I wanted to pass this newest one to get the "C.E". part. I actually train others in certifications as well.

This certification was "not easy", they all are "not easy" but this one was a bit tricky even for me. DO NOT THINK that it is "easy" no matter what you read on the internet.

I used: CompTIA Network+ N10-007 Exam Cram (6th Edition) by Emmet Dulaney. I have corresponded with the author a few times over the years, and he one of those guys that is not "fake"... really down to earth. And his material I find well written.

Also I used: CompTIA Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exam N10-007) 7th Edition by Mike Meyers. I corresponded to Mike a few times in the past, and again.. he's down to earth.. and been around as long as "I" have.. LOL. I like his All-in-one books as they have a real "basic approach.

Professor Messer's videos are a great "visual reference", but you need a good book to go with it.

One thing to note "don't" get wrapped up in the performance based questions! Do them as best as you can and move on. "NO ONE" knows how much one question is worth more then the others.. only CompTIA "does". Get to the multiple choice questions.

Also, don't get worked up in regards to "subnetting". If you find it hard, pay attention to Professor Messer's "Seven Second Subnetting" video on Youtube, and simply understand his first chart of CIDR notation! That's the one to remember well, how many addresses are in per say /25 or /27 ... ect.
Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)

Comments

• Bluer_teamBluer_team Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on both the pass and the job. Posts like this helped me to pass and get my trifecta, so thanks for posting.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bluer_team wrote: »
    Congrats on both the pass and the job. Posts like this helped me to pass and get my trifecta, so thanks for posting.

Thanks, I've been in I.T. for a long time... and I tell everyone.. not one certification is "easy".... if they were then everyone would have it. icon_smile.gif
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thanks!
  • toeknee1973toeknee1973 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats GeeLo
    (In Progress)
    B.A. IT - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance - WGU
    HCISPP
  • ITStudent1ITStudent1 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    Earned - A+ | Security+ | ITIL-F
    Goals 2019 - Network+ , MCSA Server2016
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ITStudent1ITStudent1 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    Earned - A+ | Security+ | ITIL-F
    Goals 2019 - Network+ , MCSA Server2016
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice..Congratulations