Options

Which direction to go? Need your opinions everyone...

jeverydayjeveryday Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I currently have my A+, Net+ and MCP(210)

I want to do Network Engineering as a profession...

Should I continue and finish Microsoft with MCSA (2 test to go)

Skip to the CCNA (ALOT of info)

or

Take the Security+ and CWNA (as a was about to do)

I need some direction. I know I am going to get all of them but I need to know... WHAT NEXT ! icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    what are you doing right now in your profession?

I would say it doesnt hurt to finish your MCSA....I dont think you will regret it...
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You ought to finish the MCSA anyway..

What is your current work situation? If you have never worked in IT before you need to focus on simply getting an IT job, ANY job, and get verifiable work experience, while you work on your studies.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    jeverydayjeveryday Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently working IT with rollout and support. Looking to go into network engineering.

Thanks for your responses
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, finish up your MCSA, then go back and do the CCNA. Chances are, you'll recognize a few things from the infrastructure exam when you're doing that Cisco test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Slowhand wrote:
    Chances are, you'll recognize a few things from the infrastructure exam when you're doing that Cisco test.

*raises hand*
    ditto...
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    Slowhand wrote:
    Chances are, you'll recognize a few things from the infrastructure exam when you're doing that Cisco test.

*raises hand*
    ditto...

I actually did my CCNA before I began persuing MCSA 2003. I'm currently studying for the 291, the knowledge I gained from CCNA has helped alot with the 291, and I'm moving through the study process rather quickly.

If you persue the 291 (finish MCSA), the infrastructure knowledge will definitely help supplement the CCNA material.