Options

Network+ Cram Book

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
Its been a while since I studied for a CompTIA exam and I see a lot of post about these Cram books do you guys find them useful? I'm hoping to take and pass the exam in a months time.
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally the Mike Meyer's videos and book I found to be the best.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I see Cram books as mostly supplemental review. For CISSP, I mainly used Sybex and All-in-One, but I used 11th Hour and ExamCram to review the main points.

If you know most of the content, one month should be fine. I studied for CISSP in two months and passed, so Network+ should be "easy" in my opinion. Only reason it would be difficult is if you're brand new to networking.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    quanghuy147quanghuy147 Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi CLM,
    I have not used Network+ Cram book. However, I used Security+ Cram book, which I don't really like it. It is fully of words , with repeated information (it seems like authors just write without reviewing others' writing). The book does not provide 'enough' pictures and diagrams.

As for Network+, I used only Mike Myers book and do practice tests by Jason Dion on Udemy.com, it's $10. The lab in the practice test is very similar to what I have in real exam. It sounds like I am advertising for the Mike and Jason but I'm not, just sharing how I prepared for Network+. Making decision belongs to the reader :)

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just feedback between the Exam Cram and the Jason Dion Class on udemy you can definitely Pass the 007 Exam
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    KalissieKalissie Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't know much about cram books. I practice with what ever questions I can find online.
    http://bit.ly/2pcP8Sv
  • Options
    anushkasinhaanushkasinha Registered Users Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    • CompTIA Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exam N10-007) (Comptia Network + All-in-one Exam Guide) ...
    • CompTIA Network+ N10-007 Exam Cram (6th Edition) ...
    • CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-006 (Comptia Network + Study Guide Authorized Courseware)

I am working as System Admin having an experience of 5+ yrs in hardware and networking field.Also work as a Career Counsellor.