Options

Passed LX0-104! How do I apply for the LPIC-1 cert?

bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed LX0-104 today with 720 out of 800! There were many fill-in-the-blank questions, two of which I left blank because I didn't know the answer.

I have finally achieved all the certifications I wanted for 2018. Time to start studying for the CISSP, which I am planning to take in February or March next year.

How do I apply for the LPIC-1 certification now that I got the Linux+ certification? I could not find instructions on CompTIA's website.
2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    According to the LPI website, you are automatically enrolled:

https://www.lpi.org/about-lpi/frequently-asked-questions

In 2010, CompTIA adopted LPI’s LPIC-1 exams as their Linux+ certification. As a result of this partnership, candidates may elect to have their exam scores shared with LPI after taking the CompTIA Linux+ powered by LPI exams (LX0-103 and LX0-104). Once we receive your results (typically within 24-48 hours), you will automatically receive the LPIC-1 certification from LPI at no additional cost or testing. Visit CompTIA to purchase vouchers and sign up for the Linux+ exam.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on your pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63