Passed JNCIA-Junos (JN0-102)

matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just passed my first Juniper cert, it was pretty tough to be honest. I just barely passed, a lot of the exam was very specific to Juniper. Not so much on the networking concepts. Cisco tests have more concepts questions which I find a better way to test someone then the actually syntax.

I used:
Udemy's course on the JNCIA-Junos (very good but not enough to pass without any hands on)
Junos Routing book by O'Reilly (maybe the first two chapters)
A lot of hands on experience as I use Junos everyday ( All Juniper shop)

Also something to note that if you are doing a exam from your home or office you can't use any paper or a pens which I found ridiculous so I had to subnet and counting bits in the air which wasn't very fun as I'm used to being able to write it down. I'm not sure if you can use paper and a pen at a Pearson Vue office but I wanted to mention it as something that threw me off.

/rant

on to JNCIS-DevOps (before Oct 1 as Juniper changed the prerequisite)
Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP

Comments

• Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • williebwillieb Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I passed the JNCIA this year also. I barely passed as well but a pass is a pass! If you happen to find any good courses for JNCIS-ENT Routing and Switching please PM me because I can't find anything out there for that exam. It almost seems like a lot of the other Juniper certifications require their proprietary training or hands on experience on the job. Good luck on your next cert!
  • matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Thanks matt333! I will look into these books!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • cratermancraterman Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_smile.gif
    What next?