Passed the CCSP!

JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
Took the CCSP Wow that was an odd exam. For prep, I read the Official CCSP Study Guide over the past two weeks, and also did the online version of the Official CCSP Practice Exams. During the exam I felt like the book only prepared me for about 40-50% of the questions I faced. Probably 30% of the questions was stuff I don't recall reading about in the study guide. The rest of them I felt like I was able to answer based on having the CISSP and general security knowledge and experience. I can definitely see how people fail this exam. I felt decent about my chances towards the end but still uneasy.

I'm just glad to have this done. It's been one I've wanted for a while and tried to ignore it but it just stuck around like a monkey on my back. I'm at a point where I hate doing non-practical certs (read and rote memorization). I just have one more that I want to achieve (TOGAF) and I'm done. I wan't to focus on pentesting knowledge/certs, and AWS/Python. Will probably sprinkle in TOGAF studying throughout because I just can't stand to try to slog through reading/memorizing again.
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass I will be getting this one after my degree
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It is on my list too (although pretty far down it).
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great stuff and well done. Agreed and good advice for potential candidates - have a strong general security knowledge base as the books only cover a % of the exam. Also thinking of going after TOGAF myself.
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......
  • jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Jojocal i see you're still in beast mode, how you do it is an inspiration to me.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Thanks guys. It's been a tough slog. I'm off of caffeine so my focus wasn't there like it is when on caffeine.

joneno wrote: »
    Congrats Jojocal i see you're still in beast mode, how you do it is an inspiration to me.

Honestly, this forum is a huge part of it. I live vicariously through everyone else pursuing all of this knowledge and the certs. I feed off it and it helps keep my internal fire going.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats and welcome to the club. Personally I enjoyed studying and taking the CCSP certification. Lots of good material especially if you dealing with Cloud security daily.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Guess I am guilty of putting that CCSP monkey on your back after your CCSK pass. :)

I may look at CCSK later. For now the focus is on pen test certs.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Initially, I plan to take it next year. However, I may have to move it a year after to prioritize a personal goal (i.e., penetration testing). icon_study.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass! I felt the same way regarding the CCSP, but feel that having the experience as well as the experience of already being a CISSP, that it helped tremendously in making those decision making processes during the exam.

I'm already balls deep in the TOGAF documentation and hope to test for that in Mid October. Good luck on your studies with that, not too many people around me know what TOGAF is or it's relevance in Information Security.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • RinzlerRinzler Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I hope to dive into CCSP after the beastly CISSP exam. icon_twisted.gif
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I passed this last October and then the AWS CSAA in June. I am now sitting for the AWS Security exam next Friday
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    How much do you think doing the CCSK would prepare you for the CCSP? I've always been curious how similar they are since the CCSP was a joint venture type deal.
  • useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□