F---ing failed!

tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
I feel like a loser. I studied sooo hard. Months. Used Prep LOgic questions, here and other sites, Syngress......you name it. The questions seemed like they were worded into obscurity. Score 710. Was getting in the upper 800's with PrepLogic..........********PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE SUGGESTIONS**********
Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!

Comments

• tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh, I find a lot of people even reviewers on Amazon mention the wording of the tests. It's horrible in my opinion but if I were a test vendor I suppose I might find a way to weight the test toward failure to unsure I get plenty of repeat takers to increase sales. Yep, that my opinoin. A real synic. LOL
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    hang in there! STudy the objectives you missed! You got a high score, you just need to get a little higher. GOOD LUCK!! :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems
    I feel like a loser. I studied sooo hard. Months. Used Prep LOgic questions, here and other sites, Syngress......you name it. The questions seemed like they were worded into obscurity. Score 710. Was getting in the upper 800's with PrepLogic..........********PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE SUGGESTIONS**********

I hope no one minds the redirection of another site.
    I only put it up cause I think its really needed.

http://www.mcmcse.com/articles/failed.shtml
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    bowing.gif [nothing more to say]

tschnabel99 : Study up, and knock it out. Not everyone passes these things the first try. If it wasn't hard, everyone would have certs, and none of us would have jobs. You have a degree, and some certs already so you know the game.

Now get back in there!

Best of luck!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    I agree that the wording on the test can create confusion. It's not always exact, nor can you ask follow-up questions which you would in a real work environment.
    I scored 775. Just passed. I felt that I scored pretty low considering how thoroughly I studied. I was expecting a score in the 800s.
    I used Mike Meyers (good basics), Sybex (best book), and Syngress (not anything that I hadn't learned from the others).
    Technotes on this site are very good.
    Practice tests were MeasureUp (OK, but not a big database) and ExamCram Practice Test book (very good, over 700 practice questions with some weird wording).
    I think that once you learn the material, getting your hands on as many practice test as you can really helps. Mainly because each vendor words questions a little differently.

I also find that a lot of test takers focus so much on the technical stuff (e.g. algorithm names, key bit-lengths, port numbers, etc.) that they don't focus enough on the paperwork/administrative part (e.g. business continuity plan, standards vs. policies vs. guidelines, change documentation, etc.).

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • allmightypcallmightypc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey tschnabel99,
    Don't even think about quitting!!! 710 is only 54 away from a pass!
    I failed Network+ the first time...because I was overconfident. Went right back at it again the following week and passed. Trust me, If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO! If you really love the I.T. field like I think you do, you won't rest until you pass!
    Take a break, Take a Deep Breath, Study Hard.

Cheers
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
  • tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I'm not k.O.'d like that poor dude in the picture. I was asked to determine Unix permissions on the test. I had not expected that. I need this test to complete the mcsa w2k. I am first going to read everything cover to cover then concentrate on the areas I missed but I though I had those sections down but the words really made it difficult to understand what was being asked. Oh, and thanks for pointing out my certs as I went and updated it adding MCP Managing a W2K Network Environment.