Passed GASF

quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed the GASF exam this morning. This is the mobile forensics exam from FOR585. Prior to this course I have never done mobile forensics or used any of the tools. I'm not someone that is really into smartphones. I don't think I have ever held an Android device or a Windows Mobile phone. I started the course less than 2 1/2 weeks ago. I read the books three times, did all the labs twice and listened to days 1-3 on MP3 while driving. I scored 87 on the first practice test, 94 on the second and 93 on the actual test. The course does a great job of presenting the material. I was especially impressed with how they explained the various types of acquisitions, what is needed for each and whether they are actually possible on current devices. It was also interesting to see how the major mobile forensics tools provided different results for the same type of acquisition.

Comments

• averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • al88al88 Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! You might not have mobile forensics experience but you sure do have some heavy certs there :) and I'm sure good experience too.

I'm attempting it this December, How's the iOS coverage compared to the others? As I'm the quite the opposite where never owned nor did any apple products forensics.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Randy_RandersonRandy_Randerson Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! One of my favorite courses ever!
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    al88 wrote: »
    Congratulations! You might not have mobile forensics experience but you sure do have some heavy certs there :) and I'm sure good experience too.

I'm attempting it this December, How's the iOS coverage compared to the others? As I'm the quite the opposite where never owned nor did any apple products forensics.

I think it's fair to say that the course focuses on Android (40%), iOS (30%), BlackBerry (10%), Windows (5%) and the other 15% of the course covers things like knock off phones, malware, general mobile forensics, etc.