Cheaters are always the Winners

2»

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    IMHO, cheaters lose out in the end. Some are caught when they have no idea what you are talking about and can't do tasks they are certified in.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    IMHO, cheaters lose out in the end. Some are caught when they have no idea what you are talking about and can't do tasks they are certified in.

They really do especially if you make a career out of it. Like others have mentioned, if you have to get security + to maintain your job and **** it chances are you won't feel the negative impact, (not that I condone this). But some folks do nothing but ****, **** and ****.

I've managed several people where I had strong suspicions. I don't personally care as long as they can deliver, they have to live with themselves.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    november24 wrote: »
    You are right in most of this point, but I don't think those successful people don't deserve what they achieved, the only thing is I feel lost, in short, I have lived most of my life in my original country and I worked hard to nail the position in one of the largest organizations, I used to earn double what I used to spend, the job security was somehow high, but the country overall situation was awful and getting worse, back there staying alive at the end of the day considered an achievement, and I have had the chance to move to the US, and I did'tit, and then I discovered that my knowledge is not matching or is not aligned with my age, and here where the struggle began..

I am pursuing the Certification because I haven't had the chance to work in a real datacenter or so, sometimes I think that my lack with communication skills (my limited English language) what holding me back in my career and I tried everything to improve it but the improvement is so slow.

I understand where you are coming from. I've met other people like you that were doing well in their homelands and moved to the US to end up feeling demoted. Since you come from an environment where staying alive was an achievement I would say you still winning. You may not be where you want to be professionally and financially, but considering your circumstances I would say you are successful.

The language barrier can definitely be a setback, but not an ultimate roadblock that you cannot get around. Keep working on your tech skills and English while networking and looking into new opportunities. You may not get exactly where you want to be, but I believe you will end up further than you are now.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Legality: **** websites are infringing on the certification owner’s copyright by distributing copies of the exam without their permission. Whether this is legal or not legal probably has to do a lot with the location. Whether it’s prosecuted is a completely different story. It’s kind of like people torrenting doftware, music, books, etc. At the end of the day, depending on where you live, you’re breaking copyright laws.

I definitely think less of people who use **** especially if they pride themselves on personal integrity, character, religion, or anything else which goes against cheating, being dishonest, lying, etc. I may not say anything when I see **** material on someone’s computer or overhear them talking about using ****, but I immediately lose a lot of respect for them.

For people who say dumping only impacts the dumpers, this is wrong because one of the justufications Cisco gave for increasing exam prices was directly related to dumping causing increased costs.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IMO - brain **** create paper tigers. A new IT person is easy to spot out. A new IT person that turns out to be a paper tiger might as well start looking for jobs in other professions.

Someone isn't doing them-self any favors if they get a job because of an undeserved cert, and then pigeon hole them-self because they suck at their job.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thomas_ wrote: »
    For people who say dumping only impacts the dumpers, this is wrong because one of the justufications Cisco gave for increasing exam prices was directly related to dumping causing increased costs.

That was just an excuse for them to increase prices, Microsoft did the same a few years ago. It was down to greed, nothing else.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thomas_ wrote: »
    For people who say dumping only impacts the dumpers, this is wrong because one of the justifications Cisco gave for increasing exam prices was directly related to dumping causing increased costs.

Please don't tell me you actually believe that LOL
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    To ****, or not to ****, that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles

And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;

To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there's the rub:

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,