Unauthorized materials security+

romero99romero99 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone
I begin my journey preparation for Comptia Security+ exam.
I found many talking about unauthorized training materials and I've learned that they can revoke certifications if they discovered any use of these materials.
I think they are talking about brain **** but not sure if there are other kinds of unauthorized materials.
I have 2 questions:
1/ I am wondering about how Comptia can detect any use of unauthorized training materials in exam takes ?
2/ Where can I find an updated list of authorized materials in order to restrict my preparation on it ? (anything other than **** ?)
Thank you for consideration

Comments

• Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
    romero99 wrote: »
    I found many talking about unauthorized training materials and I've learned that they can revoke certifications if they discovered any use of these materials. I think they are talking about brain **** but not sure if there are other kinds of unauthorized materials.
    I have 2 questions:
    1/ I am wondering about how Comptia can detect any use of unauthorized training materials in exam takes?

There are methods available to detect the use of ****/cheats/unauthorized material that will become obvious to you once you embark on your Sec+ journey that should not be mentioned here as it will help filter out the riffraff. If you are buying study material at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, check a book out at the library, purchasing test prep software from established vendors: Boson, Transcender, Certmetrics, you are 99.99999% OK.
    Reprinted guides are likely copyright violations and any source that professes to be questions from the exam are in violation of confidentiality agreement. I would hazard a guess that having any cert revoked for using unauthorized sources, cheating or violating confidentiality agreement could possibly disqualify you from holding any other security certifications from ISC2, ISACA and of course, CompTIA. Just look up Udemy, Professor Messer & Cybrary if you are looking for a no/low cost option to Sec+ training.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you're in the market, check out CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity to see if it's a legit source or not. They also have a top 20 of "good" vendors for your study materials.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you buy the Darril Gibson book, in the first few chapters it tells you how Comptia detects or in a way combat the use of **** in their exams. When reading it I found very interesting on how they do it.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• romero99romero99 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your answers
    I have one more question
    I've learned that students have significant discount in Comptia exams.
    This is applied only in US ? In other terms, Vouchers will be working only in the US ?
    Thank you