Options

CRISC Pass 8/8

YaraceYarace Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey - just wanted to share my experience. Do not have official scores.

Got a preliminary pass, spent 2 hours on the exam and didn't go back over any questions. I used the CRISC manual (which I could barely make it through) and the QAE. QAE was great if a bit slow, the manual helped for some concepts but is no fun to read, it didn't help that I felt I knew a lot of the concepts they were trying to explain. I tried Cybrary but ditched Kelly's videos half-way, I liked her for CISSP but didn't feel it was a good match this time around.

As far as the QAE: Started with batches of 30 questions in mid-June, initial scores were in the mid 70's (lowest score in mid 60's). The biggest challenge is in choosing the ISACA response, which is what the QAE really helped with. I spent about 30 hours on the QAE and did 2500 questions, the last couple days I just ran through the trouble questions (mostly due to the fact I had memorized too many answers at that point due to repeats of questions). Don't skip the QAE, if I had to choose I'd go QAE over the manual.

As background, I passed CISSP last year so that helped in some regards. CISSP was harder due to the breadth and being the first exam I took. I had the same certainty on passing going in (ready), during the exam(wtf this should be the answer but who knows what they are thinking), and after the exam (maybe I passed, I don't want to look).

Comments

• Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    fsprabhufsprabhu Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□