Passed Sept 17th!

USr1deMCUSr1deMC Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, first off I provisionally passed last night! Just waiting for the official results and to begin my sponsoring process. It took all 150 questions and 2 hours and 40 minutes, but I made it through the other side. One of the hardest exams, I've taken...ever.

Study materials:
Sybex CISSP study guide and practice exams
5 day training course
SKILLSET YouTube channel
220 hours of studying over 5 weeks

Previous experience:
12 years of IT experience in Systems, Network, Cloud, Firewalls, help desk and other vendor certs

Review, review, review. Could have spent more time studying and I pushed the exam back twice because I wasn't ready. Happy to get this one over with. Not going to lie. I learned a lot but it was tougher than I thought. Almost felt like I couldn't memorize it all. Never sell yourself short!

Comments

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP! It took me a while before I could truly understand the material vs just memorizing the content. You've got a lot of experience to back it up.

On a side note, a friendly reminder that I would recommend taking off the CISSP designation in your list of certifications or if you have list it anywhere else. Event though you did technically passed the exam, using the words CISSP in your signature prior to receiving your official ISC2 designation email violates the code of ethics you've just signed. Sorry if I sound like the ISC2 police but in the end it will all be worth it once you have been officially been certified.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and well done.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I just passed the GISP and thinking if I shall take CISSP to challenge myself.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done - now just make sure you never let it lapse! icon_profileleft.gif
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • USr1deMCUSr1deMC Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Please pull over....

I updated my certifications list to provisionally passed. Still waiting on the process of the background check to complete. That was submitted on the 18th. It said it could take up to 8 weeks. My endorser said it took him 3 weeks. Hoping to hear soon.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I passed SSCP early this month. Still waiting to hear on my final endorsement. The waiting stinks....:) Seems the average is about 5 weeks. Planning on CISSP as well, but just started reading. On the plus side, the SSCP material seems to have at least gotten me 20% of the way, albeit I understand the CISSP exam is a whole different ballgame.
    Congrats!

I passed SSCP early this month. Still waiting to hear on my final endorsement. The waiting stinks....:) Seems the average is about 5 weeks. Planning on CISSP as well, but just started reading. On the plus side, the SSCP material seems to have at least gotten me 20% of the way, albeit I understand the CISSP exam is a whole different ballgame.

Congrats! Glad CISSP is over but it was one tough exam! I got through it by making note cards to memorize the terms. I think all in all I had well over a 1,000 cards to go through. The items I missed I would look back up in the book, make new flashcards and retest. It's just so broad. Good luck on studying for the exam! I just checked and nothing yet. 12 days in.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1000 cards!! Wow. But it probably did help reinforce the information. I've used some online flashcards, but I think your method might be more effective to help the information sink in.
    1000 cards!! Wow. But it probably did help reinforce the information. I've used some online flashcards, but I think your method might be more effective to help the information sink in.

Yea I him and hawed while doing it. Just writing the cards took over a week. It was very meticulous. It does help to memorize the material. As I study for my ICND2 I am doing the same process with notecards. Though the two style of tests are very different. Cisco is more prac ap, then CISSP is all exam Qs.