Options

Passed the cism exam today

Sar04pinkSar04pink Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
After months of trying to balance work life and Homeline with studying, I’m proud to say that I passed my CISM exam.

I found the exam hard, so really pleased that I put the study time in.

My studying method was
- the essential CISM audiobook from amazon
- The official ISACA Q&A database
- cybaray videos by Kelly

The questions in the exam are not the same as the database questions. The database give you a good understanding of the exam format you still need to understand the ISACA way of thinking.

I’m not a confident test taker, so if i can do, I’m sure you can too!

Comments

• Options
    pcachukwupcachukwu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also Passed CISM today. Very different from the database. Questions are vague and confusing. I agree with with Sar04pink, exam format is hard.

Flagged 54 questions out of 150.

Read the CISM manual, CBT Nugget Video and Database question.

I think this exam is all about concept. Got some question that was not anywhere in the Rwview manual.

Glad I paaaed, been a stressful period juggling work and study.
  • Options
    Sar04pinkSar04pink Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done on the pass pcachukwu!

I flagged around 20 questions, and struggled with the vague questions. The exam format was challenging, as there’s potentially 3 right answers. You have to select the “most, best” response.

Can’t wait to get the official email from isaca! I’m not worried about my scores, just happy that I passed. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats and welcome to Techexams.
  • Options
    bafzal30bafzal30 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too took CISM yesterday and Provisionally passed. I agree exam was hard. I had to think hard and long for most of the questions.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job to the three of you! icon_thumright.gif

pcachukwu, was the CBT Nuggets course you used the one by Steve Caseley? If so, how did you find it? Tried watching the videos, but I didn't get very far.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]