Passed CompTIA Cloud Essentials today.

WillannemWillannem Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed the Cloud Essentials CLO-001, today. I didn't have a lot of time for prep (1 week) so I didn't anticipate doing well on the test. Surprisingly, I well exceeded the requirements. I used Linux Academy for prep but halfway through, I realized there were a legacy and a new version of the course. I was using the legacy course and when I partnered it with the practice exams from uCertify, I found out why there was a new version. Do not use the legacy version of the course. I have yet to try the new course but the legacy definitely doesn't prepare you for the test.

People assume this test is easy because it's not technical. I wouldn't call it easy but it was definitely the easiest of all the cert tests I've taken so far. Cloud Essentials just isn't technical. It's more for management and the business side of the house. With a little background in IT, picking up the information won't be a problem.

Comments

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Cloud Essentials exam is not simple. I took Cloud Essentials before Cloud+, and to me the Cloud Essentials was a bit more of a challenge. Not sure if it was because the Cloud+ studies went more smoothly or just my test bank questions, but I was surprised at the complexity of the questions at the time I took the essentials exam.
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's great! Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your feedback.icon_thumright.gif