Options

Remote, Patch Management, & Anti-Malware recommendation for small-medium business.

PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys. I'm looking for an suggestions on software to remote onto our employees machines, patch management software, and anti-malware. What we use now is provided by our Outsourced IT. None of it works well and we're going to drop them soon so I need to come up with something. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The company uses both Mac and PCs (maybe 65% and 35%). It's a small - medium size business. Cost isn't really a concern right now. We're focusing more on looking at our options. It's just important that whatever we get fully supports both mac and pc. If there is some magical all in one solution then that's great, but I'm ok if not as well.

Linus did a video on Pulseway a couple days ago and it looks ok. Has anyone use Pulseway?
Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.

Comments

• Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cameron M wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm looking for an suggestions on software to remote onto our employees machines, patch management software, and anti-malware. What we use now is provided by our Outsourced IT. None of it works well and we're going to drop them soon so I need to come up with something. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The company uses both Mac and PCs (maybe 65% and 35%). It's a small - medium size business. Cost isn't really a concern right now. We're focusing more on looking at our options. It's just important that whatever we get fully supports both mac and pc. If there is some magical all in one solution then that's great, but I'm ok if not as well.

Linus did a video on Pulseway a couple days ago and it looks ok. Has anyone use Pulseway?

Just before I left my previous employer I purchased GoToAssist, it is from the same company that does GoToMeeting. I tested it and it seemed to work the way I needed.

Our broadband provider provides Symantec Anti-Malware for a low price that we use for our PCs. We're a micro company and don't have the infrastructure to centrally manage anti-malware or patching. We are looking into Azure for our cloud based AD and I am hoping that comes with WSUS and we can find a way to centrally manage our anti-malware.

Good luck in your search.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil