Passed CCSKv4

Jaydel.LeachJaydel.Leach Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today I passed the CCSKv4 exam. This was my second time taking it as I missed the first one by maybe 2 questions. My last position as a Senior systems security engineer had me dealing with cloud on a normal basis. This certification allowed me to understand it better. If you are interested in taking the test it is online, open book, and you get two exams for the price of one. 60 questions in 90 minutes with 3 study materials: CCSKv4 main book, ENISA book, and the Cloud controls matrix (CCM). Most of the questions were found in the main book. If you understand the material you can probably get this test within a month. It took me a month in a half because i wanted to read the whole book.

What's next? I have another dance with CISSP this year, however my company is heavily pushing SPLUNK. Decisions, Decisions.

Comments

• vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations - can be a tricky exam as your first attempt confirms. I like the vendor neutral approach of the CSA\CCSK.
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......
  • Jaydel.LeachJaydel.Leach Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks cCISO2017. Had a question for you. Did this cert open up any avenues for you?
    I head up a cloud team for a cybersecurity consultancy. It primarily gave me stronger knowledge of the standards (NIST, CSA, ENISA, etc.) as they relate to cloud to be able to advise clients of best industry practice and also the certification itself added weight to my ability to discuss these and other related topics. Prior to this I had standard InfoSec certifications (CISM, CITP, CIPM, etc.) which enabled me to obtain the position in the first place but the CCSK\CCSP exams give me further credibility for this specific role.
    HTH.
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......
  • Jaydel.LeachJaydel.Leach Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I 100% agree. It definitely hardened my knowledge as well. I understand that it not the precursor to elevated positions. Thank you.
  • qaz3dqaz3d Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    since they are still allowing v3 exams - any reason why you chose v4?
    From my side I passed both as they gave v3 certification holders a voucher to sit the v4 exam. Whilst CCSK does not expire it's generally a good idea to pass the latest version of any given exam to be more up to date.
    HTH.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I felt v4 was much higher quality, the questions more straightfoward, and overall easier than v3.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • cisumworldcisumworld Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Do you suggest any good practice tests for CCSKv4? I am planning to take it in 3 weeks so wondering how I can expedite the learning.
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! If you're looking at the CISSP, I would suggest you go for the CCSP as this closely aligns with what you have already done with Cloud through the CCSK minus the breadth and depth of the CISSP.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • eseaesea Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

Are the study materials included in the cost of the exam? Where can I get the study materials?

Thanks!
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!  :)

esea said:
    Congrats!!

Are the study materials included in the cost of the exam? Where can I get the study materials?

Thanks!
    https://ccsk.cloudsecurityalliance.org/en/faq#study
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]