Changes coming to Microsoft exams starting December 31st 2018

malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
Thought I post this here too because it effects Server 2012, Azure and MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure certifications.

https://buildazure.com/2018/09/24/in...ation-shakeup/

Glad I got my MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure a few days ago. Alot of study material will have to be rewritten because of this icon_sad.gif
Certifications:
MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

Comments

• poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Interesting. Requiring multiple MCSAs to get a MCSE now. That is new.

I think there are some good things to come from this. The MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure was far too generic. Its good to have a less generic one and more specific to the tasks.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    poolmanjim wrote: »
    Interesting. Requiring multiple MCSAs to get a MCSE now. That is new.

I think there are some good things to come from this. The MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure was far too generic. Its good to have a less generic one and more specific to the tasks.

That's the conclusion I came to. Its abit crap they are retiring exams which were only released last year. Shame for anyone who are studying them at the moment as they will have 3 months to get it done.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.