SSCP Prep Questions

apisky4apisky4 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those that have passed the SSCP, have any of you used the Pluralsight Kaplan questions and if so, did you find they were a good measure of success for the exam?

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used mostly the question bank from Darril Gibson book. This book and a quick reading of the SSCP CBK is enough to pass the exam
  • apisky4apisky4 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, I have that one on my doorstep from ordering it yesterday!! Hoping to test at the end of the month and want to make sure I am ready. Thank you for the feedback!!!
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used mostly the question bank from Darril Gibson book. This book and a quick reading of the SSCP CBK is enough to pass the exam

What he said. I also used some CASP and CISSP questions, just to give me an edge.
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the SSCP exam, but I recommend cccure.education. I've used them for both the CISSP and CCSP and checking the site, they do have a SSCP test bank (1000+ questions). Obviously no verbatim exam questions, but does give you depth into the knowledge of Infosec in general as well as familiarity of test format.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • PellagiusTheSanePellagiusTheSane Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Darrill Gibson's practice questions exclusively. I also made sure I understood the review at the end of each chapter as well. Once I started making 95% on the full practice exam, I knew it was time to take the real exam. Passed on the first try with two hours to spare.
  • Vikas B AVikas B A Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am an electrical engineer who was impressed with cyber security, and so saw the SSCP as the first step towards getting a benchmark certification. I don't know much of computer engineering. Where do I start? Can anyone please help. I've completed the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer, but I want to go towards the technical end of cyber security as well. Can anyone help me with this?
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recently earned the SSCP, and think it's worthwhile to pursue. I don't know how much specific IT experience you have, but one caveat to the SSCP is you must have experience in one of the domains covered by the exam material. You could still take SSCP without that experience, but then you are an "Associate of (ISC)2", and have only a couple years to gain the necessary experience to gain full certification status with (ISC)2. If you work in some facet of IT, really you are probably getting verifiable experience in a couple of the domains.
    If you lack the experience requirement, you may want to consider CompTIA's Security+, then their CySA+ and Pentest+. All three are also good for foundational IT security -- although Sec+ is probably far more recognized than the other two at the moment. The plus with Security+ - see what I did there ;) - is that there is not that work/domain experience required by SSCP. I will say that the three or four IT Security Analysts that have worked in our organization for the IT Security Team the last couple years only have had their Security+ and a Bachelor's degree, and not SSCP or CISSP. So, there seem to be jobs available if you're hoping to get in IT security.

Experience aside, SSCP is a decent foundational exam, and with some study you could pass it. Even if you have some IT experience, for me, if could go back, I'd still pursue at least Security+ before I did SSCP. I think one builds on the other.
  • apisky4apisky4 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the SSCP on Nov 3rd. Is there anyone that would be willing to endorse me?
  • sunrise1994sunrise1994 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    can you please share your experience ? and what material use.

Thanks.