Options

Boson scores

barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all

Just wanted to know what would people say would be a good score in Boson to know if you were ready to take the CCENT exam. I don't personally think I'm ready yet I've worked through the Lammle book and CBT nuggets series for ICND1 and i'm currently going through labs daily and subnet practice to make sure I hammer home everything.

I took my first boson practice test today and scored 65%, I know people say these exams are probably more difficult than the actual exam but what you be aiming to score in Boson to feel confident to take the actual exam?

Cheers!
Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I personally wait until I can get close to 100% on the practice exams. Taking them over and over defeats the purpose though so use sparingly.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    For any practice exam I take I like to get to 90 or higher on a consistent basis. I would get your hands on multiple practice exams and rotate between them so as to avoid memorizing questions and answers.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Answering pooled questions over and over, you will memorize the answers and not the concept of how/why you got the answer.
    If you got 65%, stop doing the tests and study book+video+lab start to finish (or however you learn best) and then test.
  • Options
    Thanks, I've taken 2 different pools of questions and all the questions I got wrong answers for I've made a list of topics to go back over and study in more detail. Some were just stupid mistakes not reading the question properly or rushing it others I can see where I need to go into more detail.

I'm definately not going to memorize the answers I've fallen into that trap before
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
  • Options
    albinorhino187albinorhino187 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's still useful even after you memorize the answers. When you get the questions, even if you know the answer right away, still stop and take the time to say, well A is wrong because of this, B is wrong because this, C is right because of that. It'll help reinforce the material without just memorizing and recognizing the correct answer.
    CCIE RS - Written (Goal: July 2019) [ ] Lab [ ]
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Personally I don't like to retake the practice tests so I usually only take them once and try to get at least 60% right.

I know some other people that take them until they have memorized all of the answers.
  • Options
    I think I’m going to go over the topics in a bit more detail for the next week or 2 then take another different pool of questions to see how I fare and then get the exam booked for sometime in November.

I’ve stopped and started a bit this year so determined to get this passed before the year is out!
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
  • Options
    BrandonT2610BrandonT2610 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At the end of the day memorizing is still "learning" it just may give you false results. I try and rotate through all the boson tests to keep it fresh.