Passed CISM on Oct 1st 2018

brooklynboybrooklynboy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Received email on the Oct 10 2018:
I’m happy to share that your application has been reviewed and we have determined that you meet the qualifications for certification. You will officially be certified within one-to-ten business days, at which point you will receive confirmation by email from our Certification Department!

All candidates If the certification really means something to you, and you respect the profession. Study for the exam by using the ISACA manuals, practice exams and job experience.

My path for study was reading and understanding concepts in the CISM training manuals. I really enjoyed the Megamind Training. Buy the test questions from ISACA, read the manual like you follow sports and use your Security experience. You will do well.

Study time 9 months. I set October as a target date in January.

Comments

• COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!!!:D quick question about KB's training? How useful his advice was for the exam and how many QAs do you think you were able to answer by using his technique.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    good job. is cism easier than cissp?
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    good job. is cism easier than cissp?

Personally yes, I felt it was a bit easier. However I did my CISSP first and then a few years later did the CISM (I think both compliment one another).
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • brooklynboybrooklynboy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    KB's training helped me understand the structure of the questions. I read the manual 4 to 5 times. I reall undestood every question that I saw. KB's questions followed the CIMS database.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Personally yes, I felt it was a bit easier. However I did my CISSP first and then a few years later did the CISM (I think both compliment one another).

Same here. Passed CISSP in 2015 and CISM in 2017 so had 2+ more years of experience going into CISM. Plus what I learned in CISSP helped with CISM. Also, I feel the CISM is more focused. CISSP covers a lot more areas.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passing the CISSP first definitely helps passing the CISM. However, the CISM exam isn’t easy per se. You need to know and understand the content. The online Q&A dB is the only study material you need.

I passed the CISSP exam in July 2018 (4 months study) then passed the CISM in November 2018 (2 months study).
    CISSP
    CISM
  • voldakvoldak Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info. I passed the CISSP back in April. I've been working on some other certs since then. I'm interested in going for the CISM next.

I'm going to try to pick up the Q&A database and studying soon.
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    Passing the CISSP first definitely helps passing the CISM. However, the CISM exam isn’t easy per se. You need to know and understand the content. The online Q&A dB is the only study material you need.

I passed the CISSP exam in July 2018 (4 months study) then passed the CISM in November 2018 (2 months study).

Do you mean the year 2017?
    AnthonX
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    anthonx wrote: »
    Do you mean the year 2017?

Ha, yes 2017!
    CISSP
    CISM