Passed ITIL Foundations

raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed ITIL exam on 10/12/18. I used and recommend the following resource: https://www.udemy.com/itilv3-foundations-cram/. Good luck :)

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations!
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I am watching this video too... Soon ITIL.
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! I am starting the same videos.
  • DeezyFFDeezyFF Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I started videos yesterday and scheduled my exam for Monday.
    WGU BS-IT Security: Complete
    ​:cheers:
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!!icon_thumright.gif
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • cbkihongcbkihong Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also just passed today 37/40 on PeopleCert, official results pending.

I paid for another Udemy ITIL foundation video course by that trainer, but ended up I relied on the "ITIL Foundation All-in-One Exam Guide" exclusively despite that being not very "official" study material, rather than learning from the Udemy videos for the exam. The main issue I had with the use of videos for consuming certification content, especially for something as definition-laden as ITIL, is that I found myself customarily having to go back and revise the definitions. Videos may be fine to watch from start to finish, but I found I easily forgot something covered earlier as I progressed through the videos. It is a pain to navigate to specific points in a video, let alone some earlier videos. You can't do a global search to locate that specific mention of definition buried in those numerous videos. And unlike ebooks, you can't annotate for easily revisiting specific chunks of wisdom later. So either you need to back up with some other book in hand, otherwise you need to prepare some study notes yourself while watching the videos. Not bad in the spirit of learning experience - I believe it may help retention, but just inconvenient and time-consuming.

Nevertheless, I think the delivery of that trainer was actually pretty good for the price. It was just that it is not the optimal delivery approach for me.

As said, I relied on the ebook version of the text, adding annotations and notes along the way on first pass which took like a month or so. Then I finished a second pass in 2 full days just before the exam day, focusing on the annotations previously added but still read mostly the entire book.

I just came here and this is the first time I learned of Claire's book that has pretty positive acclaim. Even though already passed the exam, might revisit that later as needed if I need to refresh my memory later.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations cbkihong, and thanks for sharing the useful feedback.