Options

Any CISSP and TOGAF certified members here?

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
Im preparing to take the TOGAF first week of Nov 2018. Anyone here have both certs? If so can you compare level of difficulty in respect to each other?

I know what the CISSP was about and that was very difficult especially for someone like me who doesn't test well in general.

Where would you place the difficulty of the TOGAF against the CISSP?

Thanks!
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• Options
    luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, am a CISSP holder and going for the ISSAP concentration. From my wide ranging reviews, it seems TOGAF is well sought out in Australia and arnd Europe UK in particular. I have decided to go for the ISSAP one as i see it in demand in the UK as well. I will be purchasing the Blue Book (Enterprise Security Architecture) in a few weeks time and will use that in my studies with the official ISSAP guides and the CISSP AIO 7th edition.

Lets here how you get on with TOGAF.

Good luck.
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon
  • Options
    Thank you @luisbee I did assess and contemplated doing the ISSAP, however, this concentration isn't widely accepted here in the states except for DoD. My rational for going after the TOGAF is that it carries more weight in terms of Architecture albeit is not Security focused but rather is a part of Architecture in terms of being a potential Architecture domain.

Good luck to you on the ISSAP. If things go the way I would like them I may at some point go after the ISSAP in the near future.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have both - TOGAF is very process orientated. The first part of the exam is standard multiple choice regarding the theory - i.e. patterns, building blocks, ADM, iterations etc. The second part is that you get 8 questions on top of my memory and each question is a case study by which you need to again select the right answers from the multiple choice pool. Second part of exam harder.

Both exams totally different and check different things. Nothing technical in TOGAF - only whatever the theory suggests regarding process etc. Read each scenario carefully before choosing the right answer.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    scasc wrote: »
    I have both - TOGAF is very process orientated. The first part of the exam is standard multiple choice regarding the theory - i.e. patterns, building blocks, ADM, iterations etc. The second part is that you get 8 questions on top of my memory and each question is a case study by which you need to again select the right answers from the multiple choice pool. Second part of exam harder.

Both exams totally different and check different things. Nothing technical in TOGAF - only whatever the theory suggests regarding process etc. Read each scenario carefully before choosing the right answer.

In terms of difficulty, would you say the TOGAF was a harder exam or the CISSP? I've been prepping for the TOGAF for about a month now and will finish out all the material after going through it a couple of times before I sit for the exam. I spent 7 weeks studying for the CISSP where I studied about 6-8 hours during the week and almost 12 hours a day on the weekends.

Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I found CISSP to be more challenging. What I think you should do now is find some past questions on Google and see how that goes. I used that a lot and found it helped tremendously.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    I found CISSP to be more challenging. What I think you should do now is find some past questions on Google and see how that goes. I used that a lot and found it helped tremendously.

Thanks again. I have been scouring the web, forums, groups as well as practice test questions directly from The Open Group (You can purchase them for $.99 a test.), no brain **** as I despise them and the people who use them. I'm really trying to build a solid foundation of this area an not just to pass the exam, although passing the exam is definetly a good thing!
  • Options
    itsecitsec Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have both and agree with this comment.
  • Options
    itsecitsec Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

Sorry, should have quoted this comment in my reply.